Contributor

If you were buying a new skincare line, would you choose Dr Denese or Paula's choice?

Honored Contributor

I know  this isn't one of your choices listed so  feel free to totally ignore but The Ordinary has transformed  my face into near perfection.  Also Tatcha's Rice Polish.  Also most of The Ordinary products are like 6 to 8 dollars.

Honored Contributor

Never Dr. Denese - something about her turns me off completely.  Bad vibes.

Respected Contributor

Cleansing:  Dr, Denise hydrating cleanser with my Foreo device followed by L'ORÉAL  10% glycolic acid.

Moisturizer: Dr, Denese Hydroshield.

These products work for me.  Three times a year I have a microdermabrasion appointment.  Skin at 76 is brighter and smoother than when I was younger.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Honored Contributor

@jlkz 

The microdermabrasion accounts for a lot of your brightness and tone and texture.  How would it look with just the skincare products that you are using?

Respected Contributor

@monicakm 

Actually, the glycolic acid use was added recently.  My aesthetician was checking my skin before she began the procedure.  She stopped and wanted to know what I was doing differently because the skin was much brighter.

Also, the Clarisonic had been shelved in favor of the Foreo which made the skin noticeably smoother after first use.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Trusted Contributor

@tbird  I've been using Paula's Choice for years now and absolutely love it!  Prices are comparable, plus they always have sales. 

Respected Contributor

@tbird Denese

Respected Contributor

Honored Contributor

Re: Need new skincare

[ Edited ]

@tbird 

I can't opine on Dr. Denese since I've never used it, but I can for certain say Paula's Choice is 5-star!  A few items get lower marks from me, but her booster serums are all 5-star.  Regardless of the other skin care lines you may try, her boosters can be integrated very nicely.

If you want simplicity, although you were asking specifically about Dr. Denese & Paula's Choice, I highly recommend O'o Hawaii.  It was free shipping on QVC earlier this week, but I'm not sure if it still is.  The entire line is 10 star as far as I'm concerned!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.