Respected Contributor

Re: Need new shampoo..Does anyone like Shea Moisture

Hello, BetsyDoodle. Smile

I haven't used Shea Moisture. But Nick Chavez makes something called Color-Saver Sulfate-Free Shampoo and Color-Saver Paraben-Free Conditioner for color treated hair. Nick also makes a styling product called SoftFlocker and he said that has shea butter in it. Nick also makes Velvet Mesquite Serum to make the hair soft.

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Super Contributor

bestsydoodle I am trying to find a drugstore shampoo like you describe too.

Valued Contributor

On 3/21/2015 NC Bandwagon said:

I haven't used Shea Moisture. But Nick Chavez makes something called Color-Saver Sulfate-Free Shampoo and Color-Saver Paraben-Free Conditioner for color treated hair. Nick also makes a styling product called SoftFlocker and he said that has shea butter in it. Nick also makes Velvet Mesquite Serum to make the hair soft.

I have tried Nick's Advanced Volume shampoo and liked it but Ulta has evidently stopped carrying it. I know I can order from QVC but was trying not to have to pay shipping etc. But I will if I can get a shampoo that is really great. My sister uses the SoftFlocker and I used his original flocker years ago. I can't seem to catch him on QVC anymore. I don't have to have a sulfate free shampoo, just a good one that I can use. Any suggestions???

Respected Contributor

You can't beat BOGO 50% off at Walgreens. They have it on sale regularly, so check your circular. It is also at CVS and Target. There is limited stock at WalMart.

Respected Contributor

On 3/21/2015 BetsyDoodle said:

I have tried Nick's Advanced Volume shampoo and liked it but Ulta has evidently stopped carrying it. I know I can order from QVC but was trying not to have to pay shipping etc. But I will if I can get a shampoo that is really great. My sister uses the SoftFlocker and I used his original flocker years ago. I can't seem to catch him on QVC anymore. I don't have to have a sulfate free shampoo, just a good one that I can use. Any suggestions???

There's a store called Beauty.com that has Nick's Advanced Plump 'N Thick Shampoo and Conditioner, and you get free shipping if you order over $35 of products. But if you'd like a product that can be found in stores, there's a brand of shampoo and conditioner called Nexus. It's very rich and creamy, and smells nice. It can be very moisturizing, too.

If you want to watch Nick, he'll be on Friday March 27 at 10:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. Eastern Time. Then Nick will be on QVC again Friday May 8 at 5:00 a.m., 11:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. Eastern Time.

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Valued Contributor

There's a store called Beauty.com that has Nick's Advanced Plump 'N Thick Shampoo and Conditioner, and you get free shipping if you order over $35 of products. But if you'd like a product that can be found in stores, there's a brand of shampoo and conditioner called Nexus. It's very rich and creamy, and smells nice. It can be very moisturizing, too.

If you want to watch Nick, he'll be on Friday March 27 at 10:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. Eastern Time. Then Nick will be on QVC again Friday May 8 at 5:00 a.m., 11:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. Eastern Time.

Thanks NC Bandwagon for the info. I used to watch Nick all the time but as time went on he was on less and less. I'll watch him on Friday!!

Respected Contributor

@BetsyDoodle, you're welcome. Sorry for not quoting your post. Didn't want to start a long comment train. {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Valued Contributor

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup} I understand, some of them can get confusing when they are so long!

Super Contributor

I like the Shea Moisture. I have the moisture retention one. It's really good for the scalp and makes hair shiny but I have to use a ton of it to get it frothy.

Valued Contributor

Trix,

I also didn't want to order online. I ran down to CVS and they had the Shea Moisture on sale and I had a $4 extra bucks coupon to use. I thought I would try the Moisture Retention shampoo. If I didn't like it, I wouldn't be out much money. I came home and just washed my hair. I do think it gave my hair more volume than I have had and my highlights seem brighter. I made sure I rinsed it really well just in case it was too much or too heavy for my hair. So far so good, but I need to see if the volume will last or if it will be flat tomorrow. Some shampoos are great right after you wash your hair, but make your hair look bad the next day. I really don't care for the scent, it is too loud for me but I think I can deal with it for the price I paid. I wasn't blown away with it either, but it is better than what I was using. I will take any suggestions on other brands etc. Earlier today I saw Living Proof Great Hair Day @ Ulta but full size was $24 and sample size was $10 and had no idea if I would like it and didn't want to have to return it.

Oc Fresh,

When I tried it earlier today I saw the results above, but the scent is not one that I can tolerate. I can't take loud perfumes either and some scents bother me too much, and this is one of them.