Honored Contributor

@JamandBread wrote:
Another vote for Lash Princess. The primer is also excellent.
Also, for those with slow growing, thin or sparse lashes, revitalash really does work.

@JamandBread Revitalash did okay for me however it gave me the dark eyelids so I had to quit using it.  

Trusted Contributor
@ shanus
I also have just bought prior to my last L'Oreal double extend fiber mascara purchase, the L'Oreal voluminous mascara. The DE has gotten progressively worse for me in terms of flaking in the last couple years. The Loreal voluminous is the same. I had no idea that I could return mascara.

So my local CVS didn't carry the essence brand so today after work I drove 10 minutes to the closest store and picked up two tubes of the essence.
I do subscribe to Walmart+ but not Amazon, and I'm no where near an Ulta. I just thought instead of waiting, I'd just drive and get it.
Now, since you ladies know your stuff, does anyone want to help me figure out how to keep my makeup from fading 8 hrs into the day?????
Thank you for everything.
I'll probably try a few more recommendations especially if I see a sale! Writing them down!👍
Trusted Contributor
I meant to say 20 minutes driving!😐
Honored Contributor

@Texasmouse wrote:

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@LuvSoCal wrote:

@San Antonio Gal  What do you like about this Essence mascara?  I love my Lancôme Idole but would use a lesser expensive one on days when I don't fuss much.

@LuvSoCal - provides both volume and length.  I've tried many other brands and this one is tops.   Hope it works for you if you decide to try it.

@San Antonio Gal on another thread, you mentioned that you liked to use this mascara with the Lancome Cils Booster primer underneath.  I've used and loved both of these products but never together.  How would you describe the difference the primer makes under the Essence mascara?

@Texasmouse  -  Last primer is designed to create more surface area for the mascara to cover, making the eyelashes look thicker and longer.  The lash primer gives me more length and volume than just using the mascara alone.   If you already have the Lancome lash primer, you should try using it with the Essence mascara.  Hope it works for you.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Re: Need new mascara

[ Edited ]

@Midmod   Try Clinique Glossy as it gives a nice coat without being too wet and thick and under $20.   I also like Maybelline "Full and Soft" It is one of Maybelline's oldies but goodies and has stood the test of time.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@Texasmouse wrote:

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@LuvSoCal wrote:

@San Antonio Gal  What do you like about this Essence mascara?  I love my Lancôme Idole but would use a lesser expensive one on days when I don't fuss much.

@LuvSoCal - provides both volume and length.  I've tried many other brands and this one is tops.   Hope it works for you if you decide to try it.

@San Antonio Gal on another thread, you mentioned that you liked to use this mascara with the Lancome Cils Booster primer underneath.  I've used and loved both of these products but never together.  How would you describe the difference the primer makes under the Essence mascara?

@Texasmouse  -  Last primer is designed to create more surface area for the mascara to cover, making the eyelashes look thicker and longer.  The lash primer gives me more length and volume than just using the mascara alone.   If you already have the Lancome lash primer, you should try using it with the Essence mascara.  Hope it works for you.  Smiley Happy

@San Antonio Gal thanks,  I'll give it a try. 🙂

Trusted Contributor
I used the essence lash princess today 🤗😁😁😁😊😲
Where has this mascara been all my life!?
This stuff is the bomb 👍👍
It applied beautifully first coat. Got all the lashes some I didn't know I had. Lengthened applied perfectly not too much not too little. Oh my gosh I am in love
Trusted Contributor

@Midmod wrote:
I used the essence lash princess today 🤗😁😁😁😊😲
Where has this mascara been all my life!?
This stuff is the bomb 👍👍
It applied beautifully first coat. Got all the lashes some I didn't know I had. Lengthened applied perfectly not too much not too little. Oh my gosh I am in love

@Midmod  I just purchased this mascara today at Ulta.  Did yours come with a seal around the outside of the tube?  Mine didn't, and I thought that was strange.  I'd like to try it tomorrow morning...I'm encouraged by your review.

Super Contributor

Is it waterproof?????

Honored Contributor
I haven't read all the replies since I wear false lashes and not mascara but it seems like the whole world is in love with the Rare Beauty mascara