Esteemed Contributor

Re: Need nail products advice please

They might be either too dry or too wet.  Just like paint can peel.  Could you try gloves and a thick oil/cream?  The older I get, the dryer mine get.

Respected Contributor

Excellent input from everyone. Thank you ladies for your suggestions 

Harmonize the World
Valued Contributor

These two products have changed my soft peeling nailes forever.  I found one via posts on this message board.

The first product I use is Duri Rejuvacote No.2 - Nail Growth .61oz - Super Sensitive Formula which I order on ebay.  And the second product I found through a manicurist, Delore Organic Nail Hardener & Dryer.  The Delore product is used by guitarist to harden their nails.  There was a famous guitarist who used to sell guitars on HSN who used it regularly to strengthen his nails.  You can keep bare nails and use Delore strengthening oil for a few night and see strengthening in several days.  I use the Duri Rejuvacote first and then use the Delore over it to dry my polish quickly and condition my cuticles and nails.  My nails don't shred or peel any longer.  Also I do my own dishes and Duri Rejuvacoate doesn't peel like a regular polish will.  You can also polish over Rejuvacoate.  (Both of these items are often sold as 2 for a good price.  They are great gifts and very appreciated.)  I also use a glass file by Julip and found deals on ebay. 

Honored Contributor

I also recommend Duri Rejuvacote #2 or Sally Hansen 7 in 1 Nail Treatment, or both, use the Duri as a base coat and the SH on top of it. 

Honored Contributor

I gave up polish years ago when I finally determined my nails are allergic to it.  I use TIPS now.  Also the glass file from OPI, mine come from Amazon.  I left my last one at the cottage and bought a paper emery board until my shipment came in.  Nail edges drove me nuts.  You just can't get them smooth with an emery board.  These files do break if you knock them onto the floor, don't throw out the halves, you will need them eventually.