Honored Contributor

Re: Need makeup suggestions for 14 y/o

Ask her girlfriends who they are using?

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@gabstoomuch - IT has a nice holiday kit here. I think it's still available. The reviews are mixed, but I'm still using one I got a few years ago. She would have fun playing with it! Smiley Happy

A366937

Respected Contributor

Bare Minerals Get Started Mineral Foundation Kit Item # A426652.

Regular Contributor

I also think Bare Minerals is great for a teen just starting to wear makeup. Glosses, mineral veil, blush and a little mascara. Nothing heavy and clean makeup too.

Trusted Contributor

Thank you so much everyone! Some great suggestions. I will check them all out.

Super Contributor

The perfect solution for your 14yo is soap and water and a little chapstick

Respected Contributor

Kids that age love to go to Ulta. I would take her to Ulta so she can look at different shades of glosses & tinted balms. I am surprised at 14 that she needs a CC Cream but if so she will have to be matched with her skin shade also with blushes. You will see that she does have a preference instead of just picking out shades you think she may like. I would suggest looking at the Twofaced counter & Bareminerals & their Complexion Rescue tinted moisturizer with spf would be a suggestion. Ulta has a drugstore section too so you have more options as far as eyeshadow. I don't think you need a kit but make your own with the products she sees that she likes & also get her a cute makeup bag to open up for xmas with all her goodies. @gabstoomuch 

Trusted Contributor

I would get her a gift card to sephora or a store she has access to,. I could not buy my daughter or granddaughter a pair of sock if they if I wasn't told what kind. Kids are very picky. Makeup is a very personal thing. She may not know what she wants until she looks and tries it on. JMO

Trusted Contributor

When I was young and had the beautiful skin of youth, I WANTED makeup but did not NEED makeup. Now that I'm older and have some red and brown in my skin, I NEED makeup but do not WANT to wear any.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gabstoomuch   I'm not a fan of teens wearing makeup until they are 16. Maybe because that's when I started and I was a senior at the time. After thinking about it that's when I started "officially". I did meet my friends in the bathroom before class and used theirs and then removed it before going home.

While you are buying the introductory makeup kit, please also think about purchasing a gentle Cleanser and share a few tips with her:

• Never share mascara or lip products with her bffs and
  • Make sure to remove all makeup every night before going to bed.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.