Valued Contributor

Need lightweight hair dryer recommendations to replace SuperSolano

I love love love my original Super Solano hairdryer I bought maybe 4 years ago after reading about it here.

It is heavy and I think contributed to the tennis elbow I now have from using this. (left arm and I am right handed so this must be most of it) and I need a lighter dryer.

I have hard to handle hair which is chin length and very thick so I need the right amount of heat, without getting too hot as it takes a while to dry my hair, and a flow that is powerful but not too strong to blow it all over the place as need to use round brushes to tame it. The right hairdryer is really need for a good hair day. I use Tea Tree Wen which keeps it full, but doens't flop from the weight of it and Vavoom, Height of Glam mousse, an oldy but goody styling product. Just a golf size poof of it works.

Is the Solano lightweight just as good or any other recommendations appreciated?

Thanks!

Respected Contributor

Re: Need lightweight hair dryer recommendations to replace SuperSolano

You know all hair dryers are pretty much the same. I have one from target I got for $20 and its great

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I own a Babyliss Pro Nano Bambino. I have a hand disability and I have dropped and broken many hand-held appliances. After dropping my last Conair dryer, I bought my Babyliss. It dries very fast for such a small thing and it's very lightweight...even I can handle it!Woman Very Happy

BABYLISS PRO NANO BAMBINO - $40 amazon

31cfZyKncTL._AC_US160_.jpg

You might see the word "ultralight" in some descriptions of this dryer and they are not kidding.Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

@Theresa1121,    I use BaByliss travel dryer which is quite powerful and very lightweight.  I bought it at Target online a few years ago.  No problems and operates like a full size dryer.  I believe I paid around $30.  I know what you mean when you want lightweight.  I hate a dryer that weighs too much as your arm and hand get tired holding it up.  Good luck in your search.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I own a Babyliss Pro Nano Bambino. I have a hand disability and I have dropped and broken many hand-held appliances. After dropping my last Conair dryer, I bought my Babyliss. It dries very fast for such a small thing and it's very lightweight...even I can handle it!Woman Very Happy

BABYLISS PRO NANO BAMBINO - $40 amazon

31cfZyKncTL._AC_US160_.jpg

You might see the word "ultralight" in some descriptions of this dryer and they are not kidding.Woman Happy

@SilleeMee, I was at BB&B yesterday and eyed this hair dryer.  I have always liked Babyliss as a brand and toyed with buying it. 

Thanks for the review, I'll give it a try.  Looks like it would absolutely be great for traveling also.  

Honored Contributor

@Theresa1121  Hi. I purchased a small lightweight dryer for travel at ULTA. I loved it so much I started using it every day...under $30 and is great...just as much power & easy on the arms. 

Honored Contributor

@Theresa1121,  I noticed on Target.com that the dryer I have by BaByliss is in the color Red and on page 3.  It is $29.99 and worth every penny.  FYI Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Trusted Contributor

ulta has a big selection.. pricey though i'm sure if you go there they can help you

Esteemed Contributor

I might have to try this babybliss blow dryer when I get a new one. I have a hard time with my current one due to arthritis. I need a light weight one.
Valued Contributor

Thank you everyone. Will let you know how I make out.

There is a "Joy" dryer on the other station getting good reviews.