Valued Contributor

Need help with the PTR March TSV

Hello ladies, I am a skin care newbie (more or less) with dry 61 year old skin, slight rosacea..  Live in a rural area so no dermatologists around here. Been using the PTR system (TSV retinal PM; gel glycolic wash; FirmX sculpting eye and neck/face cream).  I am having trouble now with milia even though I use my Clarisonic to cleanse.  I think the milia has increased and spread (or maybe it is my imagination because I am looking at my face more).  My neck is maybe better.  My face not so much.

My skin is so dry it is hard to think the cream could be clogging my pores. Has anyone else experienced this?  Solutions? I have to say I am disappointed.

Respected Contributor

Re: Need help with the PTR March TSV

I am 71 and have very dry fair skin, in good shape, but I did try the PTR system and was incredibly disappointed.  I returned it.  My skin looked worse each day, sometimes it burned, and although no milia, definitely looked older and very much drier.

I'm using a gentler serum now (Prai mostly, or Estee Lauder or Visionaire by Lancome) and my skin looks glowing and moisturized and great.  Retinol is not for me.  I use Estee Lauder Time Zone moisturizer and my skin drinks it in and looks great.

You have to find something that works for you, makes your skin look and feel its best.

Valued Contributor

Thank you! I will use the cleanser as a body wash and maybe the other stuff on my neck.  I was wondering if the milia was new or just more noticible because I was using retinol plus the glycolic cleanser and maybe they were "surfacing" but not so sure about that theory.  It is likely that the FIrmX cream is just too heavy for my complexion

Probably need to through in the towel on this TSV. Sigh.

Respected Contributor

@chvall99

I started using the PTR when you did.  About the milia...  Since starting the cleanser, which is stronger than what I used before, and I do exfoliate with a gentle Buff Puff with the cleanser, I have had 2 milia come to the surface.  I didn't even know they were there till "there they were."  Using this cleanser, buff puff, and the Retinol PM, I do think that it did bring them to the surface.  I'm OK with that, cause within a couple of days, they are out and gone. HTH 

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Trusted Contributor

@Mistic wrote:

@chvall99

I started using the PTR when you did.  About the milia...  Since starting the cleanser, which is stronger than what I used before, and I do exfoliate with a gentle Buff Puff with the cleanser, I have had 2 milia come to the surface.  I didn't even know they were there till "there they were."  Using this cleanser, buff puff, and the Retinol PM, I do think that it did bring them to the surface.  I'm OK with that, cause within a couple of days, they are out and gone. HTH 

@Mistic - I agree! Exfoliation is key, as is a high SPF to prevent milia when using a retinol.  https://www.dermstore.com/blog/what-are-milia/

Super Contributor

After having ordered the Peel, I will not use any PTR products again. The QVC shows imply that all of the little white bits are skin sloughing off, and that is not what it is. It is part of the product that appears after application. 

I think it is borderline false advertising and for that reason, no PTR product will ever grace my bathroom vanity again.

Sorry if this sounds grumpy but I think a lot of people buy it thinking that all those white things we see on the models' faces are skin. I know I did!

Valued Contributor

Thanks all, so maybe I will persist for a little longer and see if those pesky white bumps go away.  

Valued Contributor

Well it has been 2 months and I thought I would provide an update on this TSV as I had originally given it sort of a mixed review/thumbs down.  The milia look better; I am not sure that they were not there before I started using the PTR system as I was paying zero attention to my skin.  Prior to PTR I was also in the habit during the winter of applying heavy body lotion to my face (I know, I know) so there is that.  

But I digress. Just before I started using PTR my hairdresser snapped a profile of me in a new hair cut and color. Last week 2 months later I asked her to repeat the shot. What a difference in my skin especially my neck and jawline. My neck was a mess, tons of wrinkles and crepiness at age 62 (I have that thin sensitive Irish skin). In the latest photo my skin is tons better. Wrinkles reduced, less crepiness, better jawline. Redness gone as well. So not sure about the milia but it does not seem to be getting any worse and the other improvements are so dramatic I will continue to use. Could I still benefit from a facelift?  You bet! But I have to give credit where credit is due.This really helped. I had signed up for auto-delivery and now I am glad I did.

I do have one question for the group. No way am I going to use enough of the super sized face cleanser.. Does anyone have ideas for other uses for it?  I have a feeling I will be swimming in excess cleanser when I get my next shipment. I think the proportions are good for the other products.

Respected Contributor

Hello chvall ~  I too am liking the PTR Kit.  I also had a few milia issues when I got started with this, but I think that they were there to begin with, and using the stronger cleanser and a Buff Puff just brought them to the surface.  I use the cleanser twice a day, and I don't skimp on it either. I have 1/2 a bottle left.

Loving the 360 Eye.  It has helped lessen the crepiness on the eye lids, and also under the eye.  And like most eye creams I have tried, there is no stinging or irritation.  I use it morning and night.  I usethe face & neck cream before makeup.

On another note, I am using the 2nd TSV he had at night.  The Water Drench one that has the Serum, Cream, and Night Cream.  Love how I can layer everything (including the RetinolPM) and nothing pills off.  This one has really helped with my super dry skin.

Both Kits are working for me, and happy that I got them on  AD.  

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I rarely have a reaction to skin care products, but I tried the PTR line a couple of years ago and it wrecked my skin! I don't know what is in it that isn't in other things I have used but it took my skin a few weeks to recover. I am prone to milia so have to avoid anything that is petroleum based....avoid anything called serum or that has serum or oil in it...it causes my skin to develop milia the next day.....Roth seems to be much too strong for my skin...I stopped using it right away; it even made my skin sting and turn bright red. Try the Dr D daily exfoliating pads...no serum and they do a great job of taking away flaking and other signs of dryness.