Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Need help with hair products...

Hi! I just cut my hair and although it is still below my shoulders (which is long to others) it is shockingly short to me. I am looking for a product that will make it look "piecy" ...so that the layers are noticeable.. a messy look. What do you use? Open to all suggestions but be warned I have a problem with fragrances can't handle perfumy products. Thanks in advance.

No thought is worth thinking.....
Respected Contributor

Re: Need help with hair products...

Shorter hair shows pieces better because the weight has been pulled off. I use Rusk Being Sexy Styling Cream. It doesn't have much of a fragrance that I could notice. I use the hairspray, which smells great! The cream doesn't really smell of anything. I get mine on Amazon for around $6. I also use Short Sexy Hair Slept In and Rusk Wired, both at Walgreens. Short Sexy has a light scent and Rusk an even lighter one. I suggest you get a similar product in a store that is a texturizing cream and smell in the store for your preferences. I also use Got2B Rise and Shine Body + Glistening Full Blow Dry Cream and TIGI Bed Head Small Talk, Amazon or WalGreens dot com.

Trusted Contributor

I also use the Got2B rise and shine body and love it.But I have short hair so not positive it will work for you.I sure hope you get some other answers cause if not Bunny you are as unpopular as me,lol. I can stop or kill or just get ignored. Bet your hair looks beautiful.

We do not remember days,we remember moments.
The Rainbow Bridge!!!
Super Contributor

Smile I won't leave you with the last post, beauty junkie!

Unfortunately, I can't help the OP because I've never had that hairstyle. Bet it looks great! You're brave to cut your own hair.

Valued Contributor

Oh no beauty I think I beat you in the unpopular category. lol

Irish I didn't cut my own hair oh my that would be a scary thought. I have ventured in the cutting of my own bands that didn't go well. Thanks for the compliment though. Have had long hair forever only cutting it twice in my life (short I mean). This time it went from bra level to just below shoulders so it is a huge change for me. I think I am liking it though. Just need something to separate when I want that piecy look.

Trusted Contributor

I like KMS Messing Cream.

Esteemed Contributor

I wonder what others do...after I set w/ Caruso, I usually bend from the waist to tussle my hair w/ fingers, then upright and put anything in relative place, finger styling. Most times I don't use any product at all. My hair is above shoulders, layered. I just never brush or comb anything out.

Contributor

Kenra shaping cream or Aveda Light elements texture cream

Frequent Contributor

Thanks for this post! I've been looking for the same thing since I recently cut and layered my hair too.
Valued Contributor

Thanks ladies. So basically these products are either gels or creams?