Respected Contributor

Re: Need help with eyebrows! Please.!!!

The best thing my sister ever did was have her eyebrows filled in by a permanent makeup artist. They look natural and she no longer has to fill in the sparse areas with pencil or powder. The only bad thing, so she said, is that she waited so long to get this done.

Esteemed Contributor

On 3/22/2015 Harpa said:

I think the whole secret in applying brows is in the tool -- like the Smashbox eyebrow brush. Even if you use a pencil, and then brush it down with nothing on the brush, the brush makes everything look completely natural.

Home / Smashbox Brush Angle Brow #12

After trying a multitude of eyebrow pencils, it seemed I was always dissatisfied. Blonde would read red on my brows, while taupe would read a muddied gray/brown. The other thing I disliked and I would even see it on girls behind the cosmetic counters was a very pencil look to their brows.

Lately I have simply used a brown eyeshadow with a light hand and a Smashbox brush as Harpa posted above. I much prefer the results.

Respected Contributor

On 3/22/2015 lizzief said: I'm a young 64, I've always had good brows but just started using Benefit Gimme Brow. I am a bit intimidated by pencils, this has a tiny mascara like brush that is easy to apply. It works well for me, I can apply it as light or dark as I want. It's expensive ($25), but it lasts for me a couple of months.

Between that one and anything Anastasia you're good to go.

Honored Contributor

Rimmel eyebrow pencil. Buy it at Cvs for $4.49. It stays put until I wash it off.
Occasional Contributor

I had my brows tattoo'd about 15 years ago and they had really started to fade. I had lost my brows due to chemo. I have to say that the It cosmetics new brow 5 in one is the best I have tried and I have tried them all. The secret for me was start with very small amount, take your time. The brush is great, it stays on the skin where my brows never came back and looks dimensional. There is a small learning curve but I have had lots of compliments since I started using them. Very happy camper

Trusted Contributor

I think Clinique has a very nice brow product. My sister over tweezed her brows when she was a teenager and they never grew back. Although more expensive, she had her eyebrows tattooed. They look great and she says that in the long run, it has been less expensive because she stopped buying the expensive Anastasia product she was going through quite frequently. My Mother who lost many of her eyebrows by just the process of aging decided to get hers tattooed as well and the difference in her looks is incredible!

Valued Contributor

Forget everyone's suggestions above my post. I say this with good reason, the best way to achieve a consistent look is eyebrow tinting and this has become my holy grail and I only use eyebrow pencils as fillers.

If you are careful not to get facial cleanser on your brows, the eyebrow tinting can last for as long as six weeks. I love, love, love it and only use brow pencils now as the tinting begins to lighten.

I found the most inexpensive eyebrow tinting kits on smile.amazon.com and the eyebrow tinting product is Godefroy Instant Eyebrow Tint and I happen to use medium brown, but there are a variety of colors.

It is far and above every other product to use for consistent eyebrow color. Good luck!

Esteemed Contributor

On 3/23/2015 Good4u said:

Forget everyone's suggestions above my post. I say this with good reason, the best way to achieve a consistent look is eyebrow tinting and this has become my holy grail and I only use eyebrow pencils as fillers.

If you are careful not to get facial cleanser on your brows, the eyebrow tinting can last for as long as six weeks. I love, love, love it and only use brow pencils now as the tinting begins to lighten.

I found the most inexpensive eyebrow tinting kits on smile.amazon.com and the eyebrow tinting product is Godefroy Instant Eyebrow Tint and I happen to use medium brown, but there are a variety of colors.

It is far and above every other product to use for consistent eyebrow color. Good luck!

Are you saying that you do not cleanse that area of your face? Some have suggested that one of the reasons for brows is to prevent particles, sweat or other to fall into the eye. If that's the case, then debris would certainly collect in that area.

I just cannot imagine not cleansing.

Valued Contributor

I am saying cleanser, not putting water on your brows. I don't use facial cleanser on my brows and just gently put water on them and the tint last way longer. If you use cleanser then you are defeating the purpose of the tint and it will fade considerably faster. Works for me. To each their own.

Valued Contributor

NYX and Milani both have small, powder and gel compacts that work well for a good price. I've also been happy with a few Anastasia products I've tried. Including her brushes and little pot of dual colors for brows.

I also like the YBF pencil and also one by Dior, which is very similar, and yes, much more pricey! I'm currently using, I think, a Maybelline pencil. It is working just fine. But I tend to switch things up in this department as I haven't found my HG product just yet.