Honored Contributor

Need help with colors of Complexion Rescue

This is coming up in a TSV and I'd like to try this product, but the color names don't give you any help at all. Opal, suede, vanilla? I use Shell in the Serum Foundation and normally go light with a pink cast in any other brand.
Honored Contributor

Re: Need help with colors of Complexion Rescue

I have light skin and use buttercream, it has at ouch of warmth ( yellow) and I like it very much. I took a chance when it first came out, and it worked, so I was lucky.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Contributor

I am fair to light and the Vanilla is perfect. I love this product by the way

Respected Contributor

If you can, visit Ulta to find a color match before ordering.
Honored Contributor

I don't know. I would visit a department store, Sephora, or an Ulta and try it in person. I wear Fair in the original powder foundation and Opal works for me. I've never tried the serum.

You can also see what Temptalia's Foundation Matrix says about the shades you use now and what might match those.

Respected Contributor

I am between light and medium with pink undertones.  The suede was good for the summer but seemed too dark for winter. So I then bought the vanilla (I was worried the buttercream would be too yellow). That seemed too light so I mixed it with the suede to make it work. I haven't found my perfect match in the Complexion Rescue. 

Contributor

I use Vanilla in the complexion rescue, Fairly light in the orignal mineral foundation and Bare Linen in the bare skin foundation.  

All three of those are neutral undertones. If you know which category you're in (fair, light, etc) and if you are cool, neutral or warm they follow the same pattern.