Super Contributor

Re: Need help with a new foundation or something !

I'm fair/light with cool undertones. I like the Perricone No Foundation Foundation - but the original one; I use the lighter of the two.

Josie Maran has a great one - Matchmaker Argan Serum Foundation.

I've tried many, many CC & BB creams. The only one that gave me the right color match was CoverFx, available at Sephora. They breakdown their color scheme by cool, warm, and neutral shades.

I know many people like IT's CC cream. I find it to be on the heavier side. You might want to test it first. Ulta carries it.

eta: I have combo/oily skin so I like to use a primer and end with a finishing powder. I set my MU with a setting spray.

p.s. Also love Paula's Choice moisturizer with spf. Very light.

Super Contributor

On 6/10/2014 KatCat1 said:

First of all only exfoliate 2 or 3 times a weeks -- that's all. Stila has a very nice tinted moisturizer with SPF and so does Josie Maran. Bobbi Brown, Tarte, etc. have BB's or CC;s. If you can get to a Sephora or ULTa, test out some of the products. Good luck.

Kat, may I ask why only 2 or 3 times. I've been using PC's 2% BHA gel as a daily part of my regimen and it seems to be working well. In fact, 2x a week I substitute her 4% BHA Foam.

TIA Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Missha Perfect Cover or Cho Bo Yang BB creams available on Amazon or misshaus.com.

There is a current thread in Beauty Banter with more info and reviews.

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Trusted Contributor

I love Illuminare's foundation & have been using it for about 20 years now

I use the Concealing (Extra Coverage) Mineral Foundation, two shades, a drop of each & I love their animal applicator pad

it's SPF 20 also

http://www.illuminarecosmetics.com/

Honored Contributor

I love Laura Mercier foundation. I use the Silk Cream, but she has other formulas as well. I used to switch foundations every year until I found this about five years ago. I would highly recommend going to her make-up counter at a department store and finding the one that works for you. It looks very natural and always goes on smoothly. I just use a tiny bit, and the tube lasts forever.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

On 6/10/2014 Irishrose136 said:

First of all only exfoliate 2 or 3 times a weeks -- that's all. Stila has a very nice tinted moisturizer with SPF and so does Josie Maran. Bobbi Brown, Tarte, etc. have BB's or CC;s. If you can get to a Sephora or ULTa, test out some of the products. Good luck.

Kat, may I ask why only 2 or 3 times. I've been using PC's 2% BHA gel as a daily part of my regimen and it seems to be working well. In fact, 2x a week I substitute her 4% BHA Foam.

TIA Smiley Happy

Is this a topical type of exfoliation you use? I exfoliate once a week with something that has granules in it--right now I am loving Skinn Derma Appeal. I just started using the Clarisonic but can only use it every other day as my skin is not use to it and that is too much right now. But I do notice that in the week I've been using the face brush, my skin care and make up go on so much better and I am using less. I am 60 with good skin and few lines but no wrinkles. I think maybe getting the dead skin cells off your skin with is a reason your foundation is doing weird things and also if it is a year old, I'd throw it away and start fresh. I use a bb or cc cream or tinted moisterurizer like Laura Merciers.

Honored Contributor

On 6/11/2014 wagirl said:
On 6/10/2014 Irishrose136 said:

TIA Smiley Happy

Is this a topical type of exfoliation you use? I exfoliate once a week with something that has granules in it--right now I am loving Skinn Derma Appeal. I just started using the Clarisonic but can only use it every other day as my skin is not use to it and that is too much right now. But I do notice that in the week I've been using the face brush, my skin care and make up go on so much better and I am using less. I am 60 with good skin and few lines but no wrinkles. I think maybe getting the dead skin cells off your skin with is a reason your foundation is doing weird things and also if it is a year old, I'd throw it away and start fresh. I use a bb or cc cream or tinted moisterurizer like Laura Merciers.

Not Irish here, but yes, the BHA gel that she uses is a topical exfoliation product and is perfectly okay to use daily; in fact, PC suggests once or twice daily.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Super Contributor

I've been using ASDM Tinted Sunscreen which is very nice and not thick or sticky. If need be I add a touch of concealer and add a touch of setting powder.

Super Contributor

Preachin' to the choir, sista!! LOL

My skin has change (hormones) so much in the past 6 months- its crazy! I have been on the hunt for just the right products that look good all day,correct color, and aren't heavy feeling on the skin. I still am trying things out, but keep coming back to Laura Mercier's Tinted Moisturizer. Seriously, it just melts into my skin and just looks so pretty- and STAYS looking and feeling just as nice throughout the day. Now, it is a nice semi- sheer coverage- but just enough to blur imperfections. Really nice product (and line of products). Stop be Sephora or Nordstrom' s to check it out.

Good luck!!