Contributor

Need help with Divine Foundation SPF 50 shade choice:

I've been using Hope in a Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20 in Medium/Tan, and I'm really, really liking it. It's great for making skin look evened-out and very smooth, and it's not too greasy (in the middle of the summer in the AZ desert, anyways). The best part about it is the shade match, because most other tinted sunscreens/bb creams have little or nothing to choose from when it comes to matching skin tone. The SPF 50 in this foundation is really calling to me, because I fight dark spots and discoloration. But I don't know which shade of Divine to order...which is closest to Medium-Tan, Tan or Medium? Often, when it comes to choices in sheer (presumably) shades like this, it's the undertone that matters on me. Whichever is more yellow-peach-orange is the one for me. In fact, I love "orange" correctors because they mute discoloration and brighten sallow tones better than anything other color. The demo pics of the models here on the website aren't helpful, because the model wearing the Medium looks like she has light pinky-beige skin (on my monitor.) In the video clip, the model Sheila, says she's wearing Medium, but I know she's often the model for Laura Geller's Balance & Brighten in Tan, which is the shade I wore when I used Balance & Brighten, (it has "warm" undertones...)

Even though Hope In A Tinted is a "moisturizer", it sets beautifully, and I like the truly natural-looking finish. I've read that Dvine Foundation can look "glittery" on some people, but I've read that about a couple of other products I love that don't appear to be shiny on me at all.

Thanks!! Smile