New Contributor

I am 54 and recently started to have excessively oily skin.  Looking for ideas to control the oil, especially the nose and forhead areas.

Respected Contributor

my forehead remains oily to this day, nothing I've tried worked for more than an hour...I keep oil blotting papers in my purse which help...

Honored Contributor

I have had good luck with Paula's Choice Shine Stopper, I use it in the T zone area before makeup, it can also be applied over makeup.

Honored Contributor

Origins also has a few nice products in their line called Zero Oil.

Respected Contributor

I use Boscia Oil Free Daily Hydration SPF30. I also have to use a liquid foundation. Powder/mineral foundations don't control my oil. Mac Careblend Powder or Shiseido Sheer & Perfect powder on top. I had to try a lot of things to find what works for me, without breaking me out. Good luck to you.

Honored Contributor

@AKgirl2 wrote:

my forehead remains oily to this day, nothing I've tried worked for more than an hour...I keep oil blotting papers in my purse which help...

@AKgirl2.......same with me........I have learned to work "with my glow" instead of against it.    I also blot.......and never add more makeup.   I live in AZ......and it's pretty hard to stay matte, anyway (!)

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

I lived in AZ as well, just a couple of years and now live in Anchorage, AK...whether it be hot or cooler climates, whether your younger or older, the "forehead glow" (good one) remains.  My nose, cheeks and chin have gotten dry!  Go figure....

Contributor

im 67 and still oily i use strictly Lancome they have a clairfying facial was cleans everything and yes i know its expensive but arnt you worth it

Respected Contributor

I've used Lancôme products for years as well, nothing has worked on oily forehead...I've tried other cosmetic lines as well for oil absorbing products, Origins, Kiehls, Clinique, etc.   I've found the blotting papers work well and are easy and convenient to use.

Honored Contributor

My approach is different from the others.  When you use products intended to dry up oil, you can actually encourage more oil production.  Way back in science class we learned "like dissolves like" and that principle has really helped me.  Using a cleansing oil made a significant difference for me and helped stabilize my natural oil production.   If you can't use a straight up cleansing oil because you can't get past the feeling of it, I highly suggest the SKINN AM & PM Cleansers.  They're excellent.