Occasional Contributor

I have had it with my frizzy hair!  The hair in the sides of my head, in front of my ears and on my forehead is sooo dry and thin, it's not like it is hair, but just fuzz.  The rest of my hair is okay.  I color my hair myself.  Use L'Oréal and occasionally blow dry it.  I wash it at night, put a conditioner on it and leave it overnight.  I use L'Oréal oil therapy and garnish pixie cream in the green container. What can I do?

Respected Contributor

Re: Need help for frizzy hair

Go for keratin hair straightening.  There is nothing else to do, I have tried everything. 

Trusted Contributor

Maybe you could use coconut or argan oil to tame the frizz.

Frequent Contributor

John Masters Rose and Apricot Hair Milk. It rreally hepls keep my hair from getting frizzy.  I wash and condition my hair and put a small amount on my hair before I wrap it in the towel. My hair is smooth, shinny and has a lot of body.

Esteemed Contributor

@thisidforme wrote:

I have had it with my frizzy hair!  The hair in the sides of my head, in front of my ears and on my forehead is sooo dry and thin, it's not like it is hair, but just fuzz.  The rest of my hair is okay.  I color my hair myself.  Use L'Oréal and occasionally blow dry it.  I wash it at night, put a conditioner on it and leave it overnight.  I use L'Oréal oil therapy and garnish pixie cream in the green container. What can I do?

I also color my hair..and, especially this time of year.. it gets frizzy. My stylist suggested Tresseme products! I use the moisturizing shampoo..their heat tamer, (since I use a curling iron) and their hair spray as well. I use Pantene's  CC creme conditioner in the shower, after I color my hair! The products are gentle..wish I'd known about them before. HTH~

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Respected Contributor

My hair is frizzy in the summer time when it's so humid outside.  I use the Dove shampoo and conditioner for frizzy hair.  It works as well as the other more expensive products for me.  Dove also has a serum for frizzy hair.  I use that as well when it's really hot and humid outside...

Valued Contributor

Josie Maran's argan oil hair serum helps me.  It's the best thing I've tried out of tons of products over the years.  I put a little mid-shaft down to the ends while wet and dry/style.  Good luck!

Trusted Contributor

Dear  Jewel,

I could not agree more I have wavy hair and it gets out of control when the weather is humid. There is a hair salon near my house that does the Cezanne non formoleoid keratin. It lasts 6 months and it is the best thing that I have ever done for my hair.

I do not wear make up just take good care of my skin...summing up If my hair looks nice so do I. 🌻

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

One of the worst things you are doing for your hair is stop applying a heated blow dryer on your hair.  You are damaging it.  Unless it is an extreme emergency, I rarely blow dry my hair and keep a dryer only for emergencies.

The fewer the heated items you put on your hair the less frizz you will eventually have.  It works for me.

Honored Contributor

I have tried everything on the shelves and nothing works for me.Wen doesn't make my hair shiny and smooth either.I don't think help has been invented yet.