Valued Contributor

Need help finding wearable red/orange lipstick

I am very fair with a neutral (leaning cool) skin tone.  Any suggestions for a red/orange lipstick that works for those of us that are not “warm”.  

I just decluttered an old tube of Mac ‘lady danger’. I liked the color, but not on my skin tone ☹️

Thanks!

Honored Contributor

Re: Need help finding wearable red/orange lipstick

I am a very light and cool complexion.....and find ROSE shades are better.   If you must have an orange shade, I would stick with a dusty  (as opprosed to bright) apricot shade.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

I find that Clinique's Moisturizing Balm Stick is much more comfortable to wear.  It is sheer comparing to regular lipstick, but it looks more natural, especially the red/organge shades.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Bobbi Brown    <3

Harlo Red  <3

@Swedishmiss ,I am very fair also and  this BB Harlo Red  lip/cheek pencil, is wonderful on me.

Get it right here on the Q.

A336991- Bobbie Brown Art Stick-$29.00

Honored Contributor

@Swedishmiss  Years ago I wore a red/orange lipstick by Chanel.  It was the most beautiful color.  I was in my late 20's and I loved that lipstick.  Chanel does have beautiful shades of lipstick but they are pricey.

kindness is strength
Valued Contributor

I defiantly have cool toned skin.  My pale game is strong!  While I think mauves look the best on me I do like a good red lip sometimes.  Estee Lauder makes good cool reds.  I just ordered Diabolique.  It has a blue (or cool) undertone.  Can't wait for it to get here! 

Valued Contributor

There is a classic Revlon lipstick called Fire & Ice.  It supposedly is a red that looks good on everyone.  I don't know about that (usually the "one color suits all" claim doesn't work for me), but it might be worth a look.  I haven't used it, so don't know if there is orange in it.  Amazon usually has the classics, so it might be worth a look.

Valued Contributor

@Swedishmiss wrote:

I am very fair with a neutral (leaning cool) skin tone.  Any suggestions for a red/orange lipstick that works for those of us that are not “warm”.  

I just decluttered an old tube of Mac ‘lady danger’. I liked the color, but not on my skin tone ☹️

Thanks!

Definitely check out Lancôme L'absolu lipstick drama Matte in # 196 orange sanguine. 
it's specifically for fair skin and although it's a Matte formula it is NOT drying to the lips nor dry looking. Lancôme is having a 20% off everything online and free ship with no minimum right now!  That's a rare occurrence with Lancôme. 👍

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

My fave orange/ red....NYX Day Club

Buy NYX Cosmetics Shout Loud Satin Lipstick Day Club online ...

This one too NYX Butter Lipstick in Firebrick

Butter Lipstick | NYX Professional Makeup