Trusted Contributor

Need help finding a great eye cream/treatment.

I am in my late thirties and I have developed dark circles. My biggest issue is my sensitive combination (oily/normal) skin that usually reacts to most of my trial runs. So I need some help from the beauty gurus on here. What have you found to be the best eye cream to help without a reaction?
#IAmTeamWen
Valued Contributor

Re: Need help finding a great eye cream/treatment.

Hi Nikki-

I'm on the hunt for my HG eye treatment or cream, too. Haven't found one that I stick with. I've tried Mario Badescu, Bobbi Brown, Tarte, Mary Kay and more. Hopefully someone else will chime in with recommendations. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Mad Hippie Eye Cream has one of the best ingredient decks i have ever seen.

Honored Contributor

I have never been one to wear eye cream but decided to try acure organics eye cream. It claims to help dark circles, etc. I don't have dark circles unless I don't get enough sleep but I like what this eye cream has done for my eye area. Diminishes look of wrinkles round eye area, keeps hydrated. Under $20. I hold the tube upside down & touch gently because it comes out quickly & this way I don't waste it.

kindness is strength
Valued Contributor

Shelbelle-I have used the Mad Hippie Vit C and loved it. I will check out the eye cream. And kat-I've read some good reviews for Acure Organics-I'll check it out.

Didn't even know this thread was for moi! But it is!

Valued Contributor

You might try First Aid Beauty's 5in 1 Eye Cream. I was in Sephora looking for a hydrating eye cream and saleswomen suggested several brands. I decided on the 5 in 1 Eye Cream and really like it. I've purchased it several times since the original purchase. It's $30 but compared to a lot of eye creams out there this is a good price. Good luck in your search!
Trusted Contributor

Thanks for the ideas guys! I haven't heard of Mad Hippie or Acure Organics. Where do you get them?
#IAmTeamWen
Valued Contributor

I bought Strivectin SD eye serum from amazon.com and it came in a size double the size of most eye creams/serums. I think I paid about 25 dollars or so. I really like this product and will probably stay loyal to it.

Trusted Contributor

I'd search for a eye serum that is focused on dark circles then add a cream on top if you need further hydration. Serums are almost always more concentrated than creams and if it has enough anti-darkening ingredients in it, I think you would see results faster.

Eye serums are relatively new to the market so you won't find yourself lost in 100's to choose from, as you would with creams. I have read some real positives about Strivectin's eye products and just now noticed a poster above suggested it. Sounds like it's reasonable in price too. I think they also make an eye cream which you could use on top of the serum.

I also prefer serums as my eyes are prone to puffiness and many eye creams can actually intensify that issue. That may not be a concern for you as many seem to have either dark circles or puffiness .............. with the exception of some who face both issues. It does seem though that the majority deal with one or the other. I have the puffy bags but not any dark circles.

Frequent Contributor

I've used Shiseido Wrinkle Resist 24, which is very moisturizing and have repurchased 3 times. I also like Philosophy Hope in a Tube High Density and my newest fav is Algenist Complete Eye Renewal Balm. I don't use any other Algenist products but the girls at Sephora said this was amazing. They said it lays down a nice smooth base for concealer. Have used it for a week and I like it so far and will probably repurchase.