Trusted Contributor

Need help finding a good liquid foundation that covers

I've been using the It cosmetics CC cream and the Laura Geller Balanced and Brighten over it.  Lately it hasn't been looking very good and I think it's the CC cream because it's not really a foundation. Any recommendations for a reasonably priced, good liquid foundaton that covers well?     I am always either fair or porcelain with pink undertones (The fairest of the fair as they say).  Thank you for your suggestions.  PS I have dry skin.  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Need help finding a good liquid foundation that covers

I've been using Revlon liquid - several shades to pick from and in person (going to a local store) you get a better idea of the colors rather than off TV.   I use a little lighter shade as my base (like Laura's Spackle but not nearly as heavy/thick) and then finish it off with a slightly darker shade as top coat.  Tried Laura's and   didn't like it at all.

Trusted Contributor

@LuvmyLab wrote:

I've been using the It cosmetics CC cream and the Laura Geller Balanced and Brighten over it.  Lately it hasn't been looking very good and I think it's the CC cream because it's not really a foundation. Any recommendations for a reasonably priced, good liquid foundaton that covers well?     I am always either fair or porcelain with pink undertones (The fairest of the fair as they say).  Thank you for your suggestions.  PS I have dry skin.  

Although I normally just use bare minerals bisque...I do occasionally use Covergirl + OLAY simply ageless.  I also am fair with pink undertones.  They have a variety of shades that you may like.  It is reasonably priced...probably less than $10.00.  
I also like Elizabeth Arden ceremide foundation in vanilla. It is more expensive though...around $42.00.  Both are very nice.  I tried the IT CC cream...but found it to be too dry...and too yellow for me.  

Trusted Contributor

Addendum to my post:  Since CC Cream is technically not a real foundation does anyone use the IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Foundation?  In watching a video about it it seems like this would provide the more coverage that I am looking for. 

Esteemed Contributor

I love bye bye under eye - but not the CC cream.  It didn't have enough color for me = looked like pale face.  In the winter especially I want a warm look - in Revlon for the top coat - the color is Early Tan.  Blends well - stays well all day and isn't very expensive.  Top is a pimp style

Respected Contributor

@Mombo1  ~

I had to go and look up "CoverGirl + OLAY.  Thought you meant you used one, and then the other.  Wow, it's already mixed.  I want to try this.  I'm forever on the hunt for something that "really" matches, and not have to layer stuff.  Where do you purchase this?  Target?  Drugstore?  Thank You!  

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Honored Contributor

@Mistic  I own Estee Lauder Wear Ever Light and it is not light.  It is medium to full coverage and is sweatproof and waterproof.  I like it when I want more coverage.  I bought it at Nordstrom (free shpg.).  Lots of shades/undertones.

kindness is strength
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

I always use Covergirl Aquasmooth.  Looks like a powder compact, but it is a foundation with a nice sponge applicator.  It goes on smooth and covers well without looking heavily made up (under $10 most places).   

Honored Contributor

Try the Lancôme Teint Idole. Get over to an Ulta or major department store to get a sample or two to try ahead of time at home. 

I find it covers well any discoloration & broken capillaries. You might need a concealer to cover the capillaries depending on how dark they are. 

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

This one is really good....

Doll 10 HydraGel Foundation with Brush - A269464