Frequent Contributor

Need help finding a blush...

I am 74 and I wear BM's Golden Ivory minerial foundation. I want something that looks natural on my skin. I prefer the no makeup look, but need a little glow. Thanks for any suggestions  you can give me.

Super Contributor

Re: Need help finding a blush...

I find cream blushes will give you the glow.  I have used Honest cosmetics blush with great results. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Jhincher 

Try a bronzer instead of a blush.  

Trusted Contributor

@Jhincher wrote:

I am 74 and I wear BM's Golden Ivory minerial foundation. I want something that looks natural on my skin. I prefer the no makeup look, but need a little glow. Thanks for any suggestions  you can give me.

@Jhincher - The first thing that came to mind when you said blush with a little glow is 'Milani Baked Blush'. I just went to Amazon and searched for 'Milani Blush' and the color 'Luminoso' is shown. I have one of their blushes and it's very nice.

F/N/A luvstogarden
Respected Contributor

The lightest most natural light pink blush I've found is Too Faced Dandelion. Looks totally natural...a baby pink shade.

Image result for too faced dandelion

Super Contributor

Hi I am in my 60's and recently started using the Milani Baked Blush it has some very light colors with a small glow and you can work your way up in the color and glow scale ..I use number 2 and number 5 and they both give just a little glow if you go light handed.As with anything you can apply it darker....I also like this brand but they are a bit pricier! https://thrivecausemetics.com/collections/blush

Super Contributor

I just made the switch to a creme blush. I bought one from Bobbi Brown and really like it. It goes on light and I can add more if needed. I have always used powder blush and decided my older skin might look better with a creme and it did.
Valued Contributor

@silkyk wrote:

The lightest most natural light pink blush I've found is Too Faced Dandelion. Looks totally natural...a baby pink shade.

Image result for too faced dandelion

@silkyk 

My mom wore this shade.  She had dark brown eyes and silver hair and was light-complected.  If you are a 'medium' foundation this may be a bit chalky but if you are light, this may be just what you are looking for. It's more of a glow than a 'blush' but it's very pretty!

Honored Contributor

@Jhincher I use Stila cream blush in the Lillium shade. You can use it on your lips too. It is heavily pigmented so you need very little. Need to blend it well. $25, but it lasts forever. This shade is a nude pink, I am very pale and it works for me.

Stila also makes a stick version that has more glow. I have never tried it but I would like to. It's called Complete Harmony lip and cheek stick. 

You can buy these on the Stila and Ulta sites.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

I love Nars Orgasm.  Hopefull we'll be out of masks in a matter of months.