Contributor

Need face powder recs for quick, easy coverage for rosacea!!

Hi. I have rosacea on my cheeks. A slight case. Looking for recs for an easy facial powder to give some some coverage. Something easy to swipe on on the way out the door. I currently use Smashbox Halo but am looking for something else. Preferably something pressed. I have used LG before and It Cosmetics but did not like them. Please advise. Thanks!!
Respected Contributor

Re: Need face powder recs for quick, easy coverage for rosacea!!

My go to for years is MAC Studio Fix. I simply will not be without this because it covers the redness beautifully. I wear it alone and under foundation. I don't know your coloring but I'm fair and I wear NC20 which is absolutely perfect.

Super Contributor

I have rosacea and super sensitive skin. I use IT cosmetics and have found that they are kind to my skin and do an amazing job of covering my reddness. I use the concealer that covers reddness and the powder that sets it. Also, I use the compact (don't know what it's called) and it covers pretty well too. So, I have 2 options. Give it a try. IT doesn't sink into my wrinkles and seems to last all day. I really like their products.

Valued Contributor

Hi--

I have Rosacea and I have yet to find my HG powder foundation or cover powder that masks it well. I currently use a few different things, including, Bobbi Brown's powder foundation, POP Beauty's powder (available at Ulta), and a few others. I have lots of MU and switch things up quite a bit. I find that the POP Beauty one does a nice job. In fact, the SA who sold it to me over a year ago now also had Rosacea and said it did well. But honestly, I have not yet found one that works magic for me. I'll be reading this thread with much interest!{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Oh, and RCG-Thank you for the MAC recommendation. This is one of those products that I've read about for literally YEARS. It's been on the proverbial list in my head, like so much else. Cool

Respected Contributor

On 9/8/2014 glmama said:

Hi--

I have Rosacea and I have yet to find my HG powder foundation or cover powder that masks it well. I currently use a few different things, including, Bobbi Brown's powder foundation, POP Beauty's powder (available at Ulta), and a few others. I have lots of MU and switch things up quite a bit. I find that the POP Beauty one does a nice job. In fact, the SA who sold it to me over a year ago now also had Rosacea and said it did well. But honestly, I have not yet found one that works magic for me. I'll be reading this thread with much interest!{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Oh, and RCG-Thank you for the MAC recommendation. This is one of those products that I've read about for literally YEARS. It's been on the proverbial list in my head, like so much else. Cool

I hope you do try it, it is definitely my HG. I don't even know how many years I've been using it. More like decades. I have tried way too many minerals, Laura Geller, IT Celebration Foundation, but nothing covers like MAC. Nothing. I just apply it with a foundation brush (an old Smashbox one I've had for years). And the compact will last for eons so by the time you've used it all the cost is nothing.