Contributor

Re: Need drugstore recs for body lotion for very dry skin

I also use Gold Bond Ultimate for Diabetes. It's a thicker formula that works great on my dry skin
Honored Contributor

On 2/8/2015 vaccinia said:

There are three I like:

CeraVe (in the tub)

Eucerin Skin Calming daily moisturizing creme

Amlactin

You might also like Curel or Gold Bond.

Good luck finding something that works for you. My skin has been so dry this winter that it gets itchy and sometimes keeps me up all night.

Cerave is the one most derms are recommending.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

On 2/9/2015 kelluvspippi26 said:

Is the CeraVe greasy?

No. It's not greasy at all.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Super Contributor

There's a new Gold Bond cream out. It's called ""Rough and Bumpy Skin"" (something on that order - I'm not at home to look at the jar right now). It comes in a round jar. I get very rough elbows and this cream really smoothed them out. I also use it on my dry feet and legs.

New Contributor

The saluxshop and skincaresalux rec using the CeraVe cream or lotion depending on your condition. Here is what CeraVe says about them.

CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion and CeraVe Moisturizing Cream contain the ingredients that skin needs to stay well hydrated, soft and supple. Many dermatologists recommend using the lotion year round and applying CeraVe Moisturizing Cream to areas that are especially prone to becoming dry; areas such as elbows, hands, knees and feet. Layering the two products proves to be especially advantageous for individuals with very dry skin. CeraVe Moisturizing Cream is also ideal for use during the colder winter months or in drier climates.

Trusted Contributor

I also have very dry skin. After showering, to my slightly damp skin I use Trader Joe's MOISTURIZING CREAM EXTRA DRY FORMULA. It's an unscented, herbal blend cream in a pump bottle. And then I follow up by applying my bath-use only coconut oil or olive oil, or a skin butter. The cream from TJ's is only $4.99 for a 16 oz. bottle. I also use the TJ cream throughout the day for my hands. It's soothing to my hands and they feel softer. Highly recommend this inexpensive but highly effective product.