Honored Contributor

Re: Need drugstore makeup which is fragrance-free and waterproof

@willowtree 

I used to use some of their things but did not know they had waterproof.  Will have to check.  Thank you! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee 

Do you use this on your eyes, too?  Is it fragrance free?  Thank you, I appreciate your suggestion!  I never thought of a setting spray.  

Honored Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

@SilleeMee 

Do you use this on your eyes, too?  Is it fragrance free?  Thank you, I appreciate your suggestion!  I never thought of a setting spray.  

@AngelPuppy1 

Yes, I have sprayed it on my eyes, closed of course. It's kind of hard not to spray it on your eyes. The mist is super fine.  It is not fragrance free but it smells very light, fresh and doesn't linger.

Trusted Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

@Mimi 1883 

Thank you!  I have been trying to be patient, but I am so tired of looking so blah all the time.  When you look blah, it makes you feel all the more blah!  And there is so much out there on-line when you are looking, it is overwhelming!  

@AngelPuppy1  You're very welcome! Most people feel that way; look better, feel better - I know that I do. 😀 Take your time, and look at All your options for hypoallergenic products. I do think that the YouTube videos will give you a lot of product options as well as needed information - there are many videos available. Try Google as well. You're not alone in this as many, many people suffer with some type of allergies with makeup. Happy shopping! 👍

F/N/A luvstogarden
Regular Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

@Mimi 1883 

Thank you!  I have been trying to be patient, but I am so tired of looking so blah all the time.  When you look blah, it makes you feel all the more blah!  And there is so much out there on-line wihen you are looking, it is overwhelming!  

I feel the same.  I'm now wearing lipstick and doing my brows again.  It does make you feel good.  Sometimes it's a slippery slope to not caring for ourselves.   Let us know what you find!

Super Contributor

I have sensitive skin😊...it never
Knows what it won’t like
Next. I use a lot of Clinique products and their cleansing balm is really gentle. Almay is also really gentle.
Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee 

Thanks very much!!!

Honored Contributor

@greenjean1 

I can't do a thing with these eye brows!  I have tried and tried, as others have probably seen my posts.  Especially Shanus, who has really offered many great tips!  Before virus hit, I was going to see about getting them done somewhere.  But that has been put on hold indefinitely!  I don't want to wear a lot of stuff and at my age, this wouldn't be a good thing any way.  As you said, it helps to look in the mirror and feel that you look a bit better, a bit brighter, a bit healthier!  Thanks so much! 

Honored Contributor

@3blackdogs 

This is kind of an ongoing issue with me!  I can use something for a good bit of time and it will be fine.  Then, suddenly, the wheels fall off the wagon and it's disaster!  That's why I am always changing or looking for other things.  Very frustrating.  Thank you!!  

Honored Contributor

@marmarbrooklyn 

I also have blepharitis and the doctor told me that the rosacea has also affected my eyes!  I also get those white things, too!  Grrrr.  So hateful!  

If I might ask, what do you do or use for your blepharitis?  

I use warm compresses, Baush and Lomb eye wash pads, all kinds of eye drops, etc.  I don't seem to get much help.  I also just finished my 4th prescription eye gel from the doctor.

As I posted to another poster, I can't seem to do my eye brows at all!  I try and try.  I just make a mess of them.  Before virus, I was going to go and get them done but that, of course, will have to wait indefinitely!

I don't wear makeup at home as a general rule, but since I am home all the time, I want to start wearing a bit to make myself look and feel better!  

Thank you!