Honored Contributor

Re: Need drugstore hand cream - unscented - not greasy - but very emollient

Thanks, everyone!  I sure should be able to come up with a couple from all these great suggestions.  I don't mind a somewhat heavier, even greasy one for night, but during the day when you are busy and grabbing this and that -- yuck -- who wants that sticky, icky feeling and leaving a film on everything?  

And I hate to have a strong scented one which makes me feel nauseated and competes with my perfume and also gives me a headache.  I used to sit next to a lady and she was continually applying all of these very heavy, floral lotions to her hands.  Ugggh --- made me sick to my stomach and gave me a migraine.  

Thanks again!!!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Trusted Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD wrote:

My husband and I swear by Eucerine Intensive Repair Hand Cream.  We use this all the time throughout the winter.  Works extremely good on rough hands and is not at all greasy.

Put it on just before bedtime - your hands will feel great in the morning. 

We've also used Udder Cream - works very good too.  Comes in a tub with black & white spots as if portraiting a cow.  Sounds odd but it works.  A nurse told us about this a couple of years ago - this is what she uses.

Both of these creams are unscented.

I really like this Eucerin Intensive hand cream, too. A little bit goes a long way, and it's nice to use an unscented product at times, too. Cat Happy

Trusted Contributor

Olay Quench Body Lotion, the Sensitive version is fragrance-free.  Inexpensive, decent hand lotion that isn't greasy, good for use after frequent handwashing.  Olay often has coupons.