Honored Contributor

Re: Need clarification on sunscreens for face - still confused????

@SilleeMee wrote:

I like charts! Here's a couple that might be helpful:

Mineral vs. Chemical Sunscreen: Which Is Best? | Water's Edge Dermatology

Mineral Sunscreen vs. Chemical Sunscreen: Expert Analysis – Oars + Alps

@SilleeMee 

That's great --- thank you!! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Contributor

@LTT1 @AngelPuppy1

AngelPuppy1 had said on page 2 that she had a bunch of sunscreens lined up on her counter and hated them, so I was curious which ones they were.

I personally prefer the chemical ones, and really like Biore Watery Essence spf 30. I wouldn't wear it the beach or anything, for for daily protection, it's nice & lightweight. 

IMG_7064.jpeg

Honored Contributor

Why not use a tinted spf moisturizer,instead of make up?

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

I absolutely love this one. It goes on like a lightweight liquid serum, not greasy and after it dries it feels like nothing but a bit of hydration. Love it under my bronzer. This one is a chemical sunscreen and it does not irritate my eyes.

Ultimate Defense: Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Moisturizing Face Serum - SPF 60+  with Vitamin E, Broad Spectrum UVA/UVB Protection, Fragrance-Free - 1.7 Oz

Respected Contributor

I use Isdin Photo Eryfotona Actinica Ultralight Emulsion and Tatcha The silk Sunscreen. Both are pricey but neither leave the dreaded white caste. Both are really nice, but the tatcha is probably the best sunscreen I have tried. My skin looks amazing when I use it. 

Respected Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 , I use and like the neutrogena spf 60 for face, with E.  Yes it's chemical, but I find they protect me better.  Anytime I've used mineral, I got spots.

The Neutrogena plays well with any make up I use, and it's not greasy, but feels moisturizing.    I apply it as a last after my skincare, then, foundation and a bit a loose powder.   

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SilleeMee wrote:

I absolutely love this one. It goes on like a lightweight liquid serum, not greasy and after it dries it feels like nothing but a bit of hydration. Love it under my bronzer. This one is a chemical sunscreen and it does not irritate my eyes.

Ultimate Defense: Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Moisturizing Face Serum - SPF 60+  with Vitamin E, Broad Spectrum UVA/UVB Protection, Fragrance-Free - 1.7 Oz

Saw this,and thought i had it ,i did try it today,so far does not burn my eyes.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee @goldensrbest 

You had me at it doesn't burn your eyes.  I do better w chemical.  Hope the coral reefs are doing OK.  I'l. do better w something else.

Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

Mad Hippie makes a good one with all zinc oxide, tinted , Mad Hippie Sheer Tinted Sun Serum, SPF 29.

Very light, goes on like tinted water. 

@Shelbelle 

Thanks!  I am making note of this!

Honored Contributor

@YuccaDew wrote:

Which sunscreens do you have lined up that you hate, and what don't you like about them?

@YuccaDew 

I can't list them all because some of them I already threw away and I can't remember what they were!

Here are some of the ones I have and I'm not crazy about:

Neutrogina Tinted Moisturizer - It kind of sticks and drags on my skin and doesn't have even coverage with the color.  It just went in the trash!

Eucerin Sensitive Mineral Face - 35 - Tinted - It feels greasy to me.

Cetaphil Sheer Mineral Face - 50 - Sort of dry like finish

Elta MD UV Daily 40 Face- Long time drying  - Not sure of this one but I will give it a couple more tries

No 7 Lift & Luminate Fragrance Free Cream - 30 - Kind of greasy and my face looks shiny

Cerave Hydrating Mineeral 30 - Sheer Tint - Greasy and don't like the color on my skin - too orange