Respected Contributor

Re: Need clarification on sunscreens for face - still confused????

[ Edited ]

@philom wrote:

I recently purchased a boatload of this in Japan. The Japanese and Koreans really are light years ahead of US products that are heavy and sting the eyes when you sweat. This sunscreen is so light yet has staying power. It dries down immediately, I also like Dr Jart products. 

@philom what Asian sunscreens do you like?  I bought the Isntree watery sungel and the Beauty of Joseon.  I like the Beauty of Joseon just a bit better.  It doesn't appear to be quite as shiny.  Neither one dries down immediately on me, though, and per @SilleeMee's advice, I am only using my vitamin C serum before the sunscreen.  But you are right...they are light and don't pill even when you add more later.

I have Round Tree's on my list to buy once I'm through with the Isntree.  For those interested in Asian products, iHerb (based in California, I believe) is a safe place to purchase them with a pretty quick turn around, and the products are authentic.  iHerb has sales and is on many rebate sites. Free shipping with a $30 purchase, and they have supplements from brands like Doctor's Best, NOW, etc.

Valued Contributor

Re: Need clarification on sunscreens for face - still confused????

I've been using the Neutrogena one for a few days and have been very happy with it.  I don't need a moisturizer after applying it.  Good to know about sweating tho.