Valued Contributor

Re: Need an eyeliner for sensitive eyes

I have sensitive eyes (and sensitive skin), and I have found the Urban Decay 24/7 liners don't bother my eyes.  I have used the black (Zero) and a dark brown one (can't remember the name), and love them both.

Honored Contributor

I wear contacts and use Bobbie Brown eyeliner in the little glass jar.

Urban Decay eyeshadow primer made my eyelids itch and I developed severe dermatitis. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ECBG wrote:

I wear contacts and use Bobbie Brown eyeliner in the little glass jar.

Urban Decay eyeshadow primer made my eyelids itch and I developed severe dermatitis. 

@ECBG   Sadly the Gel Liner in glass pots have been discontinued. I do have 3 black, 3 dark brown and a few of the cavier in my stash. They've never been opened, so hope they'll still be good by the time I get to them. I use them to tightline with a tiny liner brush. They do stay forever.

***For a lid primer, try Laura Mercier Eye Basics....w/ doe foot. It comes in many shades that you can use as one and done shadow or a lighter shade to just cover any discoloration and prime the lid. I also use a stick shadow in Vanilla or Bone from BB or LM.

Respected Contributor

Clinique's Pretty Easy Liquid Eyeline is AMAZING.  It lasts ALL DAY, and I put in a very long day.  It also lasts forever.  For whatever reason,  it only is available in black.  Love this eyeliner!

Good luck with your search. 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus 

Thank you.  I don't do my eyes unless I'm going out, so the liner won't get used up that fast.

Maybe she will have another product I like by the time I run out.

Respected Contributor

Try Bare Minerals.  I have super sensitive eyes and I've never had a problem.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@Shanus 

Thank you.  I don't do my eyes unless I'm going out, so the liner won't get used up that fast.

@ECBG   I think there is a BB liquid liner pen...waterproof.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

@Shanus 

@Shanus 

Good to know, many thanks.

As a teenager, my first eyeliner was the liner dry cake with the mini brush from Maybeline.  After I'd apply it, I would get a black line above my lid because my eyes are deep set.  I always have to work with that issue.Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

The Neutrogina eyeliners work really well for me and I have really bad issues with my eyes.  So far, I haven't had any problems with this line.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

@Shanus 

@Shanus 

As a teenager, my first eyeliner was the liner dry cake with the mini brush from Maybeline.  After I'd apply it, I would get a black line above my lid because my eyes are deep set.  I always have to work with that issue.Smiley Sad

@ECBG wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

@Shanus 

@Shanus 

@ECBG   Good morning. I don't recommend liner on the lid itself if you have deep set or hooded eyes. This is why tightlining became so popular. Even if you just dot a waterproof liner between lashes (not on the lid), you get the extra space on the lid for shadow. If you like liner, approach your eye from the top downward to place the liner down into the lashes and smudge a bit before it dries. I like to do one eye at a time. Shadow sticks are great for this. 

Have a wonderful weekend in your beautiful area w/ leaves turning color and it must be gorgeous there. Heart