Esteemed Contributor

@Midmod Laura Geller's Spackle Eye Primer may help.  It comes in skin tone shades (Fair/Light and Medium/Deep).  It will even out the texture on the lids and your eyeshadow will lay better.  If you use a stroke of Laua's French Vanilla highlighter on the lids before applying your eyeshadow you should see a difference in the texture and the darkness will be erased. 

Trusted Contributor
Hi katcat1,
That's the way I use my IT eye concealer as well. I've been doing that for years. But in just a few minutes it gathers into the crease in my eyelids. When I start to see all these tiny lines they're not noticeable until I use concealer and eye moisturizers 🙄
Trusted Contributor
Hi iMW,
I Will check out that promo by Anastasia. Yes you're smart that I'm covering crepiness and eye darkness, it's that I want a faster routine in the morning. I look into the thrive highlighter pin, but it just gets reviews about a lot of metallic flake in it which I don't think works for someone my age. Thanks for .the replies y'all
Esteemed Contributor

I'm in your age range. First, I would recommend Dr. Denese eye skincare products. Al of them work for me. My favorite is the collegan eye which can be used for the entire eye area. The eye fixer upper duo for to p and bottom can be purchased as individual product. They all gave me results.

That said....for the eyelid and makeup. I just swipe a little Laura Geller Balance and Brighten across my eyes as well as my face and call it done. You can use a q-tip or brush to swipe across a certain color in the compact if you prefer a more tan or pink tone on your lid. I find that it neutralizes the area and that works for me.  (I did purchase her Brighten & Glow recently but have not used the product. I think you could probably achieve the same results. )

Hope this works for you like it does fo rme.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm in your age range. First, I would recommend Dr. Denese eye skincare products. Al of them work for me. My favorite is the collegan eye which can be used for the entire eye area. The eye fixer upper duo for to p and bottom can be purchased as individual product. They all gave me results.

That said....for the eyelid and makeup. I just swipe a little Laura Geller Balance and Brighten across my eyes as well as my face and call it done. You can use a q-tip or brush to swipe across a certain color in the compact if you prefer a more tan or pink tone on your lid. I find that it neutralizes the area and that works for me.  (I did purchase her Brighten & Glow recently but have not used the product. I think you could probably achieve the same results.   

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

As others have mentioned, Urban Decay has a good primer.  I have also really liked smash box.  Currently, I like bare minerals bisque.  It started as a an eye shadow but is now also sold as a concealor.  So it's a great mulit-tasker if you want to simplify your make up routine.  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Need an eye brightener

[ Edited ]

A treatment based (peptides) eye serum shadow primer I like alot is from Butter London. You can use it alone for a soft, natural no makeup  look or as a base for eye shadow. It does not crease and helps with smoothing lid crepiness when applied. This covers  any discoloration on the lid.

It's a cream to powder when applied and doesn't travel and is long lasting. Only a small amount is needed. I have two colors and just purchased d a third. There's about six shades to choose from, all very nice and age appropriate. Good pics on their site that feature use on various skintones also.You might want to read the on site reviews, many in our age group adore this product for the reasons you've described.

Some Ulta's carry this in store. Currently unavailable on their site though. BL just had a promo sale on viewyourdeal dot com but there's a 20% coupon offer on their site. You can sign up for promotional sale alerts. I know a couple ladies here have tried this when I'd previously mentioned it too and ended up making additional purchases.  I wear this solo or add a 2nd color for a soft contrast. It's very nice and easy to use. I'd be glad to answer any questions. 

Screenshot_20210328-121342_Chrome.jpg

Valued Contributor

MAC's Paint Pot in Painterly is a cream eyeshadow that many use as an eye primer.  I recently started using it and it conceals the discoloration on my eyelids, primes my eyes and I can go without eyeshadow if I want.  I set it with a very small amount of loose powder and it stays all day. 

Contributor

[ Edited ]

The butter LONDON Sheer Wisdom Serum Shadow is half price at Kohls right now.  You can order online then pick up in store so you don't have to pay shipping. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Not all eyeshadow primers have a color to them.  I use Milani and it comes out of the tube with a very slight tint but it blends out to no color.

IMO the best for providing coverage that will brighten up the eye is Laura Mercier Eye Basics primer that comes in different shades.  It isn't drying either like some primers can be.  NYX also makes a primer that comes in varying shades and I didn't find that drying either.