Trusted Contributor
I'm 53. My upper eyelids have some sagging and crepiness just beginning to show. But in the crease it looks a little dark. I use concealer but it just ends up in the crease. Because of that I use a eyeshadow primer. But no eyeshadow primer that I've ever used really does anything it's supposed to do. But that does not help the crepiness above the crease. So I thought about buying thrive highlighting pen but on makeup alley it did not get a good review from a 61-year-old woman due to the metallic flake in it. I want to downsize my makeup routine in the mornings because I'm just getting to the point where I'm just over it. But I want to look awake and healthy. Anyone with any crepiness above their eyelids knows that this can be a challenge to find a product that will work. I do use the Becca concealer underneath my eyes and it's a great light diffusing concealer but once again, if I use it over my eyes it just ends up in the creases. Can anyone relate to this? Does anyone have any answers? Thank you
Honored Contributor

Concealers are not made to go on the eyelids b/c they end up in the creases. Try using a shadow primer, for example Urban Decay or Milani. Shadow primers have some pigment in them so they cover discolorations.

Trusted Contributor
I used urban decay when I was in my 40's. And I've tried tarte and hated it. There's much out there for aging skin imo. I've thought about EL dbl wear primer since it gets good reviews but it's pricey. Even at belks today's 25% off, it's a gamble to spend that much and not love it. I'm not a beauty junkie. I don't buy tons of stuff. I'll try to find one good product and stick with it. I'm thinking maybe super moisturizing eye cream? I do use eye cream upper and lower eye area. but maybe it's time for a change. Thank you for your response
Honored Contributor

@Midmod 

I'm 65 and when I was in my mid 40s I went through some difficult times. My face aged well beyond my years and I hated it. My lids were sagging badly and my whole face went south, too, with crepey skin all over. I finally went to a derm and had my lids resurfaced (with a laser) and that made a huge improvement. One of the best things I ever did. 

Honored Contributor

I used Urban Decay and had drying and itching on my eyelids.  I changed to "Two Faced" and have been happy ever since.

Try a light application of a very light eyeshadow before you do your eyeshadow color.  I've seen bloggers mention dark eyelids.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee 

At 76, I have used IT ByeBye Under Eye Concealer directly on my entire eye area.  It brightens the dark areas but does not gather into the crease area.

The effect is more like eye shadow which I stopped using decades ago.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Honored Contributor

@Midmod - I have hooded eyes (always have), no crepiness, but as I get older my eyelids are getting darker. I've found this primer by Anastasia helps:

A438856

Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Midmod    Do you think a vanilla color eye shadow would help you out? You have to be careful because certain products will make it look worse.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

Tatcha silk peony eye cream ---- on sale. Worth every penny 

even at full price. 
My undereye and lid turned purple as a side effect of Latanaprost for glaucoma. This cream has removed maybe

80% of discoloration. Extremely important since I can't 

tolerate eye makeup. I am 69.

Good luck

Respected Contributor

@Midmod You might try Laura Geller's French Vanilla Highlighter. I'm 66 and often use it on my eyelid/crease area just to brighten things up a bit. You only need a small amount, and I don't find that it emphasizes crepey-niss.

It's also very good just as a general face highlighter!