Honored Contributor

Re: Need advice for eyebrows.

On 10/8/2014 doglover3 said:

I have very sensitive eyes and the doctor said I shouldn't use any of that stuff to just find something for my brows which I am still looking for my HG in that and one that doesn't look so harsh.

I wish I could use some other products.

Physician's Formula, Almay, Neutrogena all make hypoallergenic brow pencils for sensitive eyes.

Just Google for vendors.

Regular Contributor

On 10/7/2014 kahootz said:
On 10/7/2014 Silverandgold said:

I have highlighted blonde hair & years back went & had my eyebrows tinted since my own are very light. Anyway, years later & fed up with eyebrow pencils which are either the wrong shade, break easily, have a 'red' tint, & generally cost way too much for how long they last, I decided to try & tint my own. I bought Godefroy eyebrow tint on Amazon for $8.48 and I couldn't be more pleased with the results. The color is perfect for me & looks exactly like when I had it professionally done for $15 plus tip per visit. The application is very easy if you follow the directions. One package will do multiple times. It took less than 10 minutes to do both eyebrows the first time. It is supposed to last about 6 wks, but even if it fades sooner, this is the way to go for me.

What color do you get? I have medium blonde hair (more golden). I have my eyebrows professionally dyed when I get my hair colored but it only seems to last for a few weeks at best.

I got the medium brown and it's perfect for me. My brows are very light which is why I always wanted them darker as my face looks blank if I didn't fill them in with a darker color or have them tinted. This tint (which I left on for a little less than 2 minutes) achieved a perfect color for me. I think if you leave it longer, the color will deepen.

Honored Contributor

the Milani brow kit is great and only about $7 at Walgreens. its powder; you get two colors 1 highlighter a pair of tweezers a brush and a sponge applicator
Super Contributor

On 10/8/2014 Silverandgold said:
On 10/7/2014 kahootz said:
On 10/7/2014 Silverandgold said:

I have highlighted blonde hair & years back went & had my eyebrows tinted since my own are very light. Anyway, years later & fed up with eyebrow pencils which are either the wrong shade, break easily, have a 'red' tint, & generally cost way too much for how long they last, I decided to try & tint my own. I bought Godefroy eyebrow tint on Amazon for $8.48 and I couldn't be more pleased with the results. The color is perfect for me & looks exactly like when I had it professionally done for $15 plus tip per visit. The application is very easy if you follow the directions. One package will do multiple times. It took less than 10 minutes to do both eyebrows the first time. It is supposed to last about 6 wks, but even if it fades sooner, this is the way to go for me.

What color do you get? I have medium blonde hair (more golden). I have my eyebrows professionally dyed when I get my hair colored but it only seems to last for a few weeks at best.

I got the medium brown and it's perfect for me. My brows are very light which is why I always wanted them darker as my face looks blank if I didn't fill them in with a darker color or have them tinted. This tint (which I left on for a little less than 2 minutes) achieved a perfect color for me. I think if you leave it longer, the color will deepen.

Okay, thanks. I'll have to give that a try. I don't have any outer eyebrows, but at least this wouldn't make me have to fill in as much. My eyebrows look great right out of the salon, but after a week or two I'm back to square one.

Respected Contributor

I also shop at Ulta at their local store and shop online with Sephora but I don't do Ebay.

I will look closer though at Ulta.

I know I only put it on my brows but using a powder sometimes leaves falling powder and that goes into or too close to my eyes.

I will check out Anastasia Dip Brow Pomade, sounds interesting and will check out ones for sensitive eyes as well. thanks ladies.

Respected Contributor

I'm also sensitive and I'd never get a tattoo--worrying what the pigment would do. I'm allergic to a lot of perfumes (boy, did I sympathize with another poster on a different thread who had a houseguest that left a perfume trail behind. It can be very difficult to breathe with some products around.)

Originally, for brows, I just used a MAC eyeshadow, "Omega" which is a greyed taupe. Very neutral, no red. And then I'd brush Smashbox eyebrow wax over it with a spoolie brush. I'd use a very stiff, small eyeshadow brush (angled) for the eyeshadow. The Anastasia pencil is pretty good but it's a bit hard textured, and the IT pencil is softer. I like any of the IT pencils. The Milani powder set at Walmart has a bad brush (useless) but I have a longer handled brush I use instead. None seem to bother my allergies.

The powder/wax method is great if you don't like pencils. Smashbox once made an "experimental" wax pencil that I loved. I could stroke it on after putting powder on my brows, but it was a sample and they never made it into a for-sale product. I used it until it was gone...now I have Smashbox wax in a pot.

Respected Contributor

On 10/8/2014 Gooday said:
On 10/7/2014 NickNack said:

Anastasia Eyebrow powder duo is the best I've ever used. There are many different shades, and if you go to their website it will tell you the best shade to use for your hair color. You could buy one of their eyebrow brushes to use with it, too. I use their dual sided brush with the spoolie on one side. anestasia dot net is their website address. You can also buy it at Sephora, but I would go to the Anastasia website to choose the color unless you're going into the store. Anastasia is well known for their eyebrow products.

Absolutely! I just bought a new one at Ulta yesterday. The variety of colors is amazing. I also got the dual brush. It lasts forever as well.

Much easier to use than pencil.

Where on her webiste can I find where it tells you the best shade? I went to the website but couldn't find it. TIA

Contributor

I see that this is an older post, but did you ever resolve your eyebrow issue?

I have the same problems. I loved Mally's first eyebrow/creamy pencil, but am unable to locate it.

Thanks for any info.