Highlighted
Contributor

Need advice about hair removal for the face

[ Edited ]

For  chin and upper lip.  Is there any product/ brand you ladies would recommend? I see Sally Hansen has both creme and wax strips has anyone use either?  Have never use either of these products.  Have used Flawless, but was not happy with the way the hair grew back, very sharp and scratchy.  Open to all suggestions.  Appreciate any suggestions you can give me.  Thanks so very much!

Respected Contributor

Re: Need advicce about hair removal for the face

A ladies electric razor. Hair does not grow back any differently.

Honored Contributor

I go over my face lightly with a triple bladed razor for women.  The same one I use on my legs.  Hair doesn't grow back any differently.

Honored Contributor

Re: Need advice about hair removal for the face

[ Edited ]

My husband got a Norelco One Blade. I tried it and really liked it.  Then I saw the Finishing Touch Flawless Nu Razor (intended for women).  It’s very much like the One Blade but without the measuring combs (for beards)....and it's pink!  I bought one from hsn. It gets really close and there’s no pulling or irritation, just a clean shave. 

Respected Contributor

Emjoi eRase 60-Disc 2-in-1 Epilator - A240222Sold here on QVC

Respected Contributor

@monicakm  👍

Contributor

I know everyone says that the hair doesn't grow back differently, but that has not been happening in my case and I would like to get away from razors.   If anyone would have any suggestions besides razors, I would really appreciate it!  Thanks again!

Super Contributor

Lady Chat, I get what you are saying. While trying to research this issue for myself, I have found that while shaving your face does NOT make the hair grow back any faster or thicker, what DOES happen is that the hair is cut at varying angles and if looked at under a microscope, an angular edge can be seen which was formed when the hair shafts were cut during shaving. This can definitely feel rougher when growing back in, as opposed to a regular, "virgin" hair shaft that will tend to have a more tapered end and thus feel softer. The angular cut on each hair shaft is also more noticable if you have a thicker and/or coarser hair shaft. In my case, the hair on my head is very coarse and porous by nature, so I am sure that is why I feel more hair growth on its way back in.

Now, everyone gets information from different sources these days, so I am sure there is conflicting information out there on this topic. I am just agreeing with you that I notice what you notice.

With that in mind, you have a choice....you can use hair removal methods that avoid cutting the hair shaft, such as depilatories and "hair yankers" like the one mentioned by a previous poster, or you can continue shaving in some form and just expect to do it about every three days to keep your face smooth. The hair yankers work great, but sometimes in-grown hairs result if you do not keep up with your skin regimens to keep cell turn over going. Of course, shaving can cause in-grown hairs too for the same reason. So, I wish you luck, and please know you are not alone in your frustration. I still shave by the way. Hair yanking HURTS!  Smiley Surprised

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I had a lot of facial hair. Shavers are only good for a couple of hours of no hair. Epilator is better and hair is gone for longer, but it hurts.
If you're able, get a Tria laser or an IPL device. They really work for permanent solution and not painful. That's my experience! 

Honored Contributor

@Lady Chat  I use the Sally Hansen wax strips.  Easy, fast, effective.  Somehow using a razor on my face does not appeal to me--LOL!!!