Frequent Contributor

Re: Need advice about a neck rash!!

Culprit could be scarves around neck or jewelry. I have very sensitive skin and skin gets dry this time of year. I find acrylic scarves give me a rash. I need to wear soft scarves. Try not wearing anything around your neck for a while and use a moisturizer you know will not irritate you. Hope this helps
Honored Contributor

You seriously should neither self-diagnose nor put stock in others' diagnoses on a beauty board.

There are many, many potential causes. You should stop put anything on your skin, including what you think might be the cure for an ailment you've diagnosed by going online. If it persists, you should see a dermatologist.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Super Contributor

On 12/19/2014 ID2 said:

Geez you'd put getting your car fixed over making your body well again? I can see why someone with possibly serious health issues comes to a shopping channel bb for answers instead of talking with her doctor. Geez

First off how do you expect me to get to the doctor if I have no car. Right now my son walks to stores for things we need. I came to the BB to talk to the kind and knowledgeable people here. Obviously you do not fit that category so please keep your snarky comments to yourself unless you have walked in my shoes. Plus it was not a serious health issue it was a common rash. GEEZ, if your car is not working and a doctor would charge you a 100.00 for a visit and a script for antifungal cream what would you do?????

Super Contributor

It was a yeast infection and after using Yeast Guard Gel and antifugal powder it is almost gone over night. Thank you ladies for the advice and I am sorry that you had to read my rant to ID2. I usually can keep quiet but not this time. Hopefully this may help someone else with a rash who wonders what to do or what to check out.

Respected Contributor

On 12/18/2014 Katluvr58 said:

Hi ladies, I need some advice. I have a rash on my neck and I think the culprit was C Cleanser by SSC. Although I don't know why because I can use the C products. I started the all natural route using RHO, TTO, Coconut Oil, Neem Oil etc... That wasn't working so I moved to drugstore products. I was using Domeboro solution (for rashes) and cortisone cream with a dash of Neosporin. I've even washed with oatmeal soap. That is still not working very well. Last night I tried Gold Bond Healing Cream. I still am dark pink and itchy. The skin is very dry in the rash area. Help!!! Anything you have done to help a rash??? A doctor visit is not a solution because my car is not working and a doctor bill is not in the budget since the car needs to be fixed. TIA.

Try using cetaphil non-soap instead of regular soap. Discontinue all products on your neck except cortisone cream. If in two days, the rash is worse, discontinue the cortisone cream and see a doctor. A one-time visit can't be that expensive. Ask the doctor if you can split up the payments. Best of luck to you!!!

Respected Contributor

Hi ladies, I need some advice. I have a rash on my neck and I think the culprit was C Cleanser by SSC. Although I don't know why because I can use the C products. I started the all natural route using RHO, TTO, Coconut Oil, Neem Oil etc... That wasn't working so I moved to drugstore products. I was using Domeboro solution (for rashes) and cortisone cream with a dash of Neosporin. I've even washed with oatmeal soap. That is still not working very well. Last night I tried Gold Bond Healing Cream. I still am dark pink and itchy. The skin is very dry in the rash area. Help!!! Anything you have done to help a rash??? A doctor visit is not a solution because my car is not working and a doctor bill is not in the budget since the car needs to be fixed. TIA.

Try using cetaphil non-soap instead of regular soap. Discontinue all products on your neck except cortisone cream. If you think it's a fungal infection, use cetaphil and lotriman cream only. If in two days, the rash is worse, discontinue the cortisone cream or lotriman and see a doctor. A one-time visit can't be that expensive. Ask the doctor if you can split up the payments. Best of luck to you!!!

Respected Contributor

On 12/20/2014 fortune said:

Try using cetaphil non-soap instead of regular soap. Discontinue all products on your neck except cortisone cream. If in two days, the rash is worse, discontinue the cortisone cream and see a doctor. A one-time visit can't be that expensive. Ask the doctor if you can split up the payments. Best of luck to you!!!

sorry--disregard

Honored Contributor

On 12/19/2014 Katluvr58 said:

It was a yeast infection and after using Yeast Guard Gel and antifugal powder it is almost gone over night. Thank you ladies for the advice and I am sorry that you had to read my rant to ID2. I usually can keep quiet but not this time. Hopefully this may help someone else with a rash who wonders what to do or what to check out.

Good news! Thanks for letting everyone know you found the culprit and the antidote!

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Super Contributor

My derm told me that often a neck rash is caused by a product we are using on our hair. We don't realize that the shampoo or conditioner,etc. is making constant contact with our neck, dripping down after rinsing, etc. Just a thought.

Super Contributor

I have a neck rash as well as on my cheeks and nose due to eating NUTS that were in Christmas cookies......My lips sting too. Is there any chance it is from food? If so, just take benadryl pills at bedtime and just wash with water.....anything you put on a rash usually makes it worse.