Trusted Contributor

Re: Need advice about a neck rash!!

I broke out in a rash just reading about all the stuff you've been using! For goodness sake, stop putting layers of random stuff on your skin. Obviously something you've been using has caused an allergic or sensitivity reaction. Stop. Go back to a very basic hypoallergenic cleanser and moisturizer(Neutrogena, maybe) and maybe put some hydrocortisone cream on your neck a couple of times a day to calm the rash. If it doesn't improve in a few days or gets worse, you'll need to see a doctor.

Esteemed Contributor

ITA, too much product and then too much treatment.

Remove everything and start from scratch. Evaluate your facial cleanser or shower scrub. Try something mild to cleanse and then I would only follow with a cortisone cream.

Also look at your vitamins, supplements. Try anything new in the last month?

Contributor

And, in addition to everything above suggested, quit wearing any jewelry for a while. I had a horrible rash on my neck after my DH gave me a 14-carat gold necklace that I wore almost every day. Finally, I discovered that I can't tolerate gold, even 18-carat. Hope that helps.

Ellie

Trusted Contributor

Sometimes I will get a patch of dry skin, kind of like a rash, on my neck. I finally determined that I think it's from hair spray so I try to be very careful and not get any on my neck when I spray my hair.

Super Contributor

I have had what looked like a rash on the left side of my neck for the last couple of years. I finally went to the Dr. to find out what it was. Come to find out I have rosacea down the side of my neck, my cheeks and my eyes. Alot of trial and error, to only find out it is what it is. I can cover it with make up, but that really isn't so good for rosacea...so I use an antibiotic cream, watch what I eat and drink as much as I can and live with it.

Super Contributor

Thank you ladies. I think I may have an idea what it is. I started thinking about rashes and how my mother gets them a lot under the girls. Hers are yeast infection rashes. I went to the web and checked many sites about yeast infections and rashes. Babies even get them. It said that it is common for menopausal women to get them in different areas. Most of my shirts are crew neck, I sleep in a long sweatshirt, I've been up a couple of nights and I have to open the window a crack because I am warm. The articles all said to use Monistat cream or Lamisil for the rash. I had bought my mother Yeast Guard which is a homeopathic gel. I put some on and there was no stinging. I wore a cotton t-shirt to bed tonight. I started Benadryl last night also. The articles did say it could take a week to heal. This seems to be a very logical conclusion. I should know more in a few days. I just need to stay calm and not throw more products on it until I see if this works. Thank you all again.

Honored Contributor

Geez you'd put getting your car fixed over making your body well again? I can see why someone with possibly serious health issues comes to a shopping channel bb for answers instead of talking with her doctor. Geez

"Pure Michigan"
Respected Contributor

Go to a derm or your PCP-that's what I did. It was clearing in 3 days w/Clobetasol.

Honored Contributor

If it is large ""dots"" or ""circles"".......could be ringworm. Try an anti-fungal (athletes' foot cream)

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

I had the same problem and the culprit for me was Dr. Denese's products. The rash on my neck was so red and bumpy, it looked like a burn.

I quit the products and took Zyrtec (OTC) and it helped stop the itching quickly. It took at least a week before my skin was back to normal.