Respected Contributor

Need a suggestion to re-place SCA Meltdown...

I have the SCA coconut meltdown on auto-ship. I love the smell, and like the initial make-up removal, then I follow with my cleanser. I'm finding that it burns when I apply it, so I'm thinking maybe I shouldn't order it anymore. I know I can use any creamy cleanser to start with, but I'm wondering if any of you can suggest something to re-place this? I think Ponds has mineral oil in...don't like that.

Valued Contributor

Re: Need a suggestion to re-place SCA Meltdown...

Sorry, I was going to suggest Pond's Cold Cream. I've used the SCA Meltdowns for years, and Pond's in an emergency. They're the only ones I've found that really remove the makup. You could try Abolene/Albolene? I used that years ago and it did a good job. Come to think of it, maybe it also has mineral oil.

Is there a particular reason you object to mineral oil? It's a pretty safe ingredient, and has been used forever.

Honored Contributor

I'm a big fan of Dr. Young Camellia Deep Cleansing Oil. It removes everything without stripping. I've recently tried Josie Maran's cleansing oil and like it as my second choice. Some people think it's too thick, but it seems fine to me. Whichever one I use, I start out by using a facial cloth to get off the surface makeup (just started that recently, based on recs here, but used the cleansing oil without doing the pre-cleanse for the last year and was very happy with the results). Apply the cleansing oil to a dry face and massage it around for a little bit. The slip of the oil makes your fingers glide around and somewhat replicate a facial massage that one would get at an aesthetician. Add a little water and the oil will turn into a thin milk. Massage that a little bit or use your cleansing tool, if you have one, and then rinse. Your skin will be clean, but soft.

If oil isn't for you, there are cleansing balms out there that melt down make up but don't strip the skin.

Super Contributor

Is the burning new? If so, can you find out if there has been a change in formulation that would introduce an ingredient that is acting as an irritant? If you knew what was causing your unpleasant reaction, it would help you to choose which ingredients to stay away from on your search for a replacement.

Honored Contributor

Have you tried just using regular organic coconut oil as your meltdown? I use that every night because I use a primer under my makeup. It's particularly good for eye makeup.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Trusted Contributor

I am so very sorry to hear that this bothered you, Dazlin.

Do you think that all of her meltdowns have the exact same ingredients in them, or do you think that maybe it is just the coconut version that is bothering you?

Maybe you can compare the versions and see?

I do sympathize with you. I have very sensitive skin, and have had allergic reactions myself, to other products.

Esteemed Contributor

Plain old coconut oil is a great cleanser all by itself, especially if your skin is not bothered by coconut at all.

Respected Contributor

THANKS SOOOO MUCH...great replies!! I guess I can take a look at the ingredients in the other meltdowns. Not sure if the coconut is any different. Just love the smell, and it rinses off well. I like the organic coconut oil suggestion...I had that a while back, and don't remember if it was too greasy?? Although, I do follow with my cleanser. As far as mineral oil goes...I try to stay away from it because it clogs my pores.

Respected Contributor

The SCA meltdowns also burn my face and I can't use them at all.

Esteemed Contributor

It's such a great product- maybe try a different meltdown scent? I know I can't use any of her citrus type ones (the lemon zest, for example), but I'm really good with the Vanilla Meringue - and also the Cucumber. They're much softer (& less intense) scents.