Respected Contributor

Need a sharpener for "gel" eyeliner pencils

The ones I have for my more conventional eye and lip pencils  seem to really hack them up!

Someone must have found one that works. I hate to wreck my Korres   anymore!  Help!!!!

Honored Contributor

Re: Need a sharpener for "gel" eyeliner pencils

Try placing your gel pencils in the freezer for about 15 minutes...not rocket science, just get them to get really cold and that will harden the gel so when you go to sharpen them it makes for a cleaner cut.Woman Wink

Respected Contributor

Ya know, I just had the exact same thought yesterday when sharpening (hacking) one of mine. At the very least, I'm  going to have to get a new sharpener or something. I will be interested to see if there are any novel ideas here, @Mothertrucker. Let's hope so.   

Respected Contributor

Make sure you have a sharp sharpener. Duh. I know. 

If you use a lot of pencils that need sharpened, make sure you replace it from time to time.

I love the Mac & UD sharpeners. 

Respected Contributor

If you can find a Julep sharpener anywhere they are awesome. I got mine when they were still on QVC with a set of liners. This is the best sharpener that I have ever used. Ulta used to sell Julep not sure if they still do.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

Try placing your gel pencils in the freezer for about 15 minutes...not rocket science, just get them to get really cold and that will harden the gel so when you go to sharpen them it makes for a cleaner cut.Woman Wink

@SilleeMee   Yes, works every time.

Respected Contributor

@Tricolor wrote:

If you can find a Julep sharpener anywhere they are awesome. I got mine when they were still on QVC with a set of liners. This is the best sharpener that I have ever used. Ulta used to sell Julep not sure if they still do.

@Tricolor  thank you! I found one on Amazon and is is the BOMB! Works like a charm- Thank you SO much!

Esteemed Contributor

@Tricolor wrote:

@Tricolor  - I was going to post the same thing. The set of several Julep gel pencils came with a great sharpener. However, my favorite gel pencils are Mally. The Evercolor Gel Pencils are self-sharpening and they are perfect for me. I love them and wear them every day.

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Respected Contributor

@sunala wrote:

@Tricolor wrote:

@Tricolor  - I was going to post the same thing. The set of several Julep gel pencils came with a great sharpener. However, my favorite gel pencils are Mally. The Evercolor Gel Pencils are self-sharpening and they are perfect for me. I love them and wear them every day.

Hi Sunny!!! I found the Julep sarpener on Amazon and ordered one- it works GREAT! no more hack jobs- I will definitely check out the Mally Gel pencils-Thank you and nice to "see" you-