Respected Contributor

Re: Need a replacement for a Mally taupe Eye Colorstick

@HappyDaze Hello my friend! I have a trick that always works for me when I want a shadow color to "pop." If it's a  darker very pigmented shadow I will use either a black gel liner or a black eyeshadow crayon and put this on my eyelid first. If it's a lighter color I use white,  and the one I use is Nyx's jumbo pencil in the color milk. Anyway when I do this it really makes the color I place on top of it stand out!  I still prime my eyes. I ordered the Mac 24 hr eye base primer and it's sooo good. When I come home from work my e/s hasn't budged nor creased. HTH Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@wvumountiefan wrote:

@HappyDaze Hello my friend! I have a trick that always works for me when I want a shadow color to "pop." If it's a  darker very pigmented shadow I will use either a black gel liner or a black eyeshadow crayon and put this on my eyelid first. If it's a lighter color I use white,  and the one I use is Nyx's jumbo pencil in the color milk. Anyway when I do this it really makes the color I place on top of it stand out!  I still prime my eyes. I ordered the Mac 24 hr eye base primer and it's sooo good. When I come home from work my e/s hasn't budged nor creased. HTH Smiley Happy

Hi @wvumountiefan ! Ah interesting trick! I will give this a try thanks  for the tip! Heart

Trusted Contributor

I just tried Nudestix. They have a nice nude duo at QVC I like them. They also have single colors at Sephora. Maybe bring your stick in and compare?

I also am a fan of Mally's shadow sticks. My favorite is Saddle Shimmer. I also love Taupe and Dusk. Two bad taupe is being phased out. I don't understand that at all.

Have you tried Avon's Everlasting shadowsticks? They were recommended to me by another poster here and I really like them.

Also ebay is a good idea.

Have you tried QVC UK ? I know she's on alot in the UK maybe you could order thru there?

Good luck! Please let me know if something works for you.

"Dogs heal hearts they never broke"
RIP Lexi aka "Momma" 1/15/24
Regular Contributor

Bobbi Brown has a very pretty shadow stick called taupe and it's a lovely neutral that I wear often. Lasts all day even without a primer but I usually prefer to wear one anyway to even out the color of my lids. It's very easy to blend.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@terrier3 wrote:

I have used this color almost daily for years and my last stick is a goner.

When I went to re-order on QVC, they didn't have taupe. I don't want glitter or shimmer - just a nice neutral.

I just ordered a taupe on Amazon, but it was $30 with shipping for just one...

Anyone have suggestions for a dupe or a source for the real thing???

@terrier3

Oh gees, and I thought I was the only one who couldn't live with out Mally's Taupe!    I don't use it as a shadow, but to fill in my eyebrows.     Well, her Timeless Taupe is very close .... but I am now resigned to just finding another color.   I've searched everywhere and am not finding it.

I hate when you find the right thing ..... and they stop making it.   You'd think Taupe would be a nice versatile color .... and a classic!

Trusted Contributor

I was just looking at my new soft   Surroundings catalog, and they have a shadow stick that looks just like mallys. it is called taupe also, and it is 20.00 !  It is item #07118 called me and my shadow, it also has some other great colors. Hope this helps.

Trusted Contributor

Eyeko Me & My Shadow

Valued Contributor

It's not a stick but MAC makes a beautiful shadow called Satin Taupe. It's a great match just not a cream.

Valued Contributor

Maybelline Color Tattoo 24 hour cream eyeshadow in Tough as Taupe is matte and somewhat close, perhaps leans more greyish. It's in a pot and is under $10.

Super Contributor

@terrier3 wrote:

I have used this color almost daily for years and my last stick is a goner.

When I went to re-order on QVC, they didn't have taupe. I don't want glitter or shimmer - just a nice neutral.

I just ordered a taupe on Amazon, but it was $30 with shipping for just one...

Anyone have suggestions for a dupe or a source for the real thing???

OTO NOW! A276475 Has duo for $20, Taupe shadowstick is in there.