Honored Contributor

Re: Need a recommendation for heat protectant for hair --- not heavily scented

Many shampoos, conditioners, styling products and hairspray have a strong fragrance because of the phenomenon of women washing hair much less often. Hence dry shampoos selling so well.

If hair is color treated, be sure styling products, as well as s&c will not strip color...sulfate free, etc. 

Esteemed Contributor

Well I just got back from Walgreen's where they do not sell the Kenra product I had mentioned earlier. However, I did spot the Tresemme one that someone recommended so I bought it and it was waay cheaper than the Kenra and for more product than the Kenra. The Tresemme was on sale for $5.49 (reg price $6.99) for 8 ounces whereas I pay in the neighborhood of $14.00 for 3.4 ounces of the Kenra. Of course if the Tresemme doesn't work as nicely as the Kenra I'll be back to paying the higher price for the Kenra because it's worth it.

Honored Contributor

I just bought the Tresemme one at Walgreen yesterday.  I think it was a little over $5!  I am hoping I really like it and that the smell does not bug me.  Couldn't be worse than the other one which I just threw in the trash!  I hate to waste stuff but I had had it for awhile and could not find the receipt.  

Thank you all for your posts! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

I have use the heat protectant from Kenra (use their hairspray, too) & the Hot Toddy protectant from Dry Bar. Although they are more expensive than Tressame, they seem to be better. 

With white/silver/grey hair, extended heat styling (especially heat tools) can singe the hair & turn it brown/yellow in places. I have to be extra careful. I like that the Dry Bar choice has marula oil in it, too. 

Trusted Contributor

I also love the Kenra Blow Dry Spray, but it is pricey.  For anyone else who likes it, Beauty Brands carries it and currently has 25% off everything on their website (they also sell makeup and skincare).