Contributor

Re: Need a recommendation for heat protectant for hair --- not heavily scented

Thanks; I live 1 mile from a Target and will look for this Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@AngelPuppy1  You may want to consider Hot Toddy by Drybar.  Nordstrom carries it $13.00 or $26.00.  You can always check it out with the travel size to see if you like it.  Nordstrom does ship free and has free returns.  I know that it contains Marula oil but don't know all the ingredients.

Cat Happy

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@AngelPuppy1  You may want to consider Hot Toddy by Drybar.  Nordstrom carries it $13.00 or $26.00.  You can always check it out with the travel size to see if you like it.  Nordstrom does ship free and has free returns.  I know that it contains Marula oil but don't know all the ingredients.

Cat Happy

@Katcat1

Thanks!  Nordstrom has free S&H???  Didn't know that. Someting to keep in mind!

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

This one is top-rated and has a nice fragrance, not over-powering. The spray comes out as a super-fine mist so it's easy to not over do it. Leaves my hair soft and shiny without weighing it down.

Tresemme Thermal Creations Heat Tamer Leave‑In Spray - $5 

71ltN3vmMbL._SY355_.jpg

@SilleeMee

Thanks for the thumbs up!  I do like Tresemme products and am currently using their shampoo and conditioner.  This is certainly a great price, too.  I am going to pick it up at Walmart.  

Honored Contributor

@shaggygirl wrote:

Kenra Platinum Blow Dry Spray. At first spray it smells like cookies baking in the oven but after that I don't detect any smell at all, it seems to disappear.

@shaggygirl

Thank you! Is this a drug store product?

Honored Contributor

@PilatesLover wrote:

Thank you @SilleeMee and thank you for asking, @AngelPuppy1. I'm having the same dilemma over the smell and also the ones with pump are hard for me to use. The Tresseme pump looks like one I can contend with.

A drug store product, gotta love it! ♥

@PilatesLover

I have a hard time with a lot of spray products, too.  I don't like the mess either.  For the most part I end up spraying it in my hands and then disbursing it that way.  

Honored Contributor

@Mj12 wrote:

I'm a big fan of It's A 10 Miracle Leave In Product.  Not sure if it is sold in drugstores, but it is sold at Target - so maybe?  I bought it from my salon and was hooked.  I don't notice any kind of overpowering scent.

It's a 10.PNG

@Mj12

I know this line has a good name.  I tried one product of theirs for frizz though and it did absolutely nothing for me.  And I thought it was rather high priced.  Thanks for the recommendation!  

Esteemed Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

@shaggygirl wrote:

Kenra Platinum Blow Dry Spray. At first spray it smells like cookies baking in the oven but after that I don't detect any smell at all, it seems to disappear.

@shaggygirl

Thank you! Is this a drug store product?

Actually I don't know. The first couple of times I bought it at my hair salon, last time I got it I ordered it from Amazon. It's not cheap but it only takes a few light spritzes so it lasts. On the other hand I only shampoo a couple of times a week so maybe that's why it lasts for me.

Respected Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

@PilatesLover wrote:

Thank you @SilleeMee and thank you for asking, @AngelPuppy1. I'm having the same dilemma over the smell and also the ones with pump are hard for me to use. The Tresseme pump looks like one I can contend with.

A drug store product, gotta love it! ♥

@PilatesLover

I have a hard time with a lot of spray products, too.  I don't like the mess either.  For the most part I end up spraying it in my hands and then disbursing it that way.  

@AngelPuppy1 Except for actual hairspray, I spray everything in my hands, rub them together, then apply to hair. I feel like I use a lot less product that way, because it actually ends up in my hair, and not on the floor, walls, countertop, mirror, lol!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

Does anyone have a recommendation for a heat protection product for hair to use with curling irons, flat irons, etc., that does not have a strong, heavy, fragrance?  Preferably drug store.  I got this one from Swartzkopf (sp) and it's really effective--- however -- the fragrance is overpowering --- whew --- I can't take it!  It is going in the trash.  It gave me a headache all day.

Thanks for your suggestions!

Good morning @AngelPuppy1. I use a drop of argan or marula oil on wet hair before blow drying or air drying. Of course, my hair is white, thick, short & curly. Hair type should be considered when choosing a product. Frizz? Lots of heat for long time for straight blowout, etc.? Some styling products (Living Proof) already have a heat protectant in them.