Honored Contributor

Re: Need a recommendation for a jasmine perfume!

I'd love to find a true light jasmine extract.  Pure jasmine, not mixed with anything else.

Would be 'heaven', so to speak.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Respected Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@1Professor    this sounds really pretty White Jasmine and Mint by Jo Malone.  She also has another fragrance that is considered "Intense."

@Katcat1   Thanks!

Unfortunately Jo Malone is a cologne, because it has less perfume, so too light and less staying power for me. 

The difference between perfume and cologne is the concentration of essential oils in the fragrance's water and alcohol base.

Perfumes have a higher concentration of oils, around 20-30%, while colognes are around 2-4%. That's a noticeable difference.

Honored Contributor

Maybe Beekman will make a delightful true jasmine scent.  

Also, Perlier.

A lot less chemicals and harsh scents. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Respected Contributor

Best bet is to put in the search

perfume top note jasmin

Plenty of choices...my next bottle will be Tom Ford  Lost Cherry

If you are a member of COSTCO, perfumes are discounted and they clearly tell you top middle bottom notes.

Respected Contributor

@Just Bling wrote:

Best bet is to put in the search

perfume top note jasmin

Plenty of choices...my next bottle will be Tom Ford  Lost Cherry

If you are a member of COSTCO, perfumes are discounted and they clearly tell you top middle bottom notes.

@Just Bling 

Thanks.

I am a researcher, so, by habit, I searched blogs, reviews, ingredients, top fragrance experts.

Hoping here, to get actual experiences with fragrances.

Q forum folks are so generous with their product experiences.

Respected Contributor

Product Image@1Professor  One of my favorites. Men love it tooWoman Very Happy

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@VenturaHighway wrote:

Product Image@1Professor  One of my favorites. Men love it tooWoman Very Happy

Hi, @VenturaHighway!

What an amazing bottle!

Description I found:

Fragrance story: Both freshly light and moodily dark, this innovative fragrance captures a woman's wondrous complexity with surprising and exceptional ingredients. The sweet, alluring qualities of jasmine give Good Girl its brightness and femininity. The darker side of Good Girl is created with richly fragrant cocoa and intoxicating tonka. Almond and coffee bring Good Girl its immediate vibrancy. Tuberose, extracted in a new way that creates a rich delicacy, its the fragrance's wild card, bringing fluidity and femininity. Good Girl exemplifies the effortless elegance and wit of the House of Herrera. The ultimate femme fatale fragrance with sensual jasmine and seductive tonka. It's so good to be bad.

Notes:

- Top: sambac jasmine, tuberose crystal.

- Middle: velvet almond.

- Base: tonka bean, cocoa, coffee.

• Made in Spain

Screen Shot 2021-06-18 at 6.56.22 PM.png

Trusted Contributor

I felt so adult and sophisticated when I wore Joy. I still have some. You can purchase it online through eCosmetics, Overstock.com, and several other sites. Walmart even has Jean Patou's Sublime available online.

Respected Contributor

@Zernia Rose wrote:

I felt so adult and sophisticated when I wore Joy. I still have some. You can purchase it online through eCosmetics, Overstock.com, and several other sites. Walmart even has Jean Patou's Sublime available online.

@Zernia Rose   I join you in love for Joy.

However, it has now been too many years since it was last produced. Yes, you can get it from eBay and others, but the fragrance deteriorated. 

Sometimes a perfume lasts 5 years (sometimes) AT MOST after the bottle was produced. Generally, 2-3 years. Easy to Google the information.

We are sadly WAY beyond that for Joy. 

I bought one bottle months ago. Scent gone. I shoulda known.

Honored Contributor

Vermont Country Store sells several fragrances from the last. Woodhue, Shalimar, Arpege, Emeraude are some I remember seeing; not sure about Joy.