Trusted Contributor

Re: Need a product to give me the ""piecey"" look

On 2/25/2015 KatCat1 said:
On 2/25/2015 lovestopaint said: Where can I get the Aveda's control paste?

Aveda.com or any Aveda beauty salon in your area. You can also Google to see if anyone carries it but Aveda, to my knowledge, will only sell their products at their stores, beauty salons and their website.

Aveda also has some stores in malls.

Trusted Contributor

I have tried dozens of products to get the look. I just tried a new one that I love!!!

Pravana Fiber Twist

You must try it!

Trusted Contributor

I use (as kjohnson mentioned) got2b styling gel ~ I use the one that says "spiked-up" on the front. I do not spike my hair, but use it for that "piecey" look.

Just purchased a new one this weekend at Rite-Aid for about $8.00.

Trusted Contributor

Sorry ~ hit the button twice

Valued Contributor

Not a short haired person, but there is a girl in the salon that I go to that uses this. I bet you have to be careful not to use too much. Has good reviews on Amazon...

I wanted to add, the stylist I have seen use this on her own hair sort of finger styles after spraying...it's not a hairspray...

Sexy Hair Short Sexy Hair Play Dirty Texturizing Hair Spray, 4.80-Ounce

Super Contributor

My hair is a slightly different cut now, but any time my stylist or I wanted to achieve a piecy, (or pieced out) look, a small amount of Sebastian's molding mud did the trick, and beautifully.

Regular Contributor

I use OGX Moroccan Sea Salt you can buy at the drugstore or anywhere. It is light and not heavy. I have fine highlighted hair. I spray after blow dry and toss hair or spray on damp and use fingers to work into hair.

Esteemed Contributor

On 2/25/2015 Bigbro said:

I use OGX Moroccan Sea Salt you can buy at the drugstore or anywhere. It is light and not heavy. I have fine highlighted hair. I spray after blow dry and toss hair or spray on damp and use fingers to work into hair.

I love the OGX Moroccan Argan Oil Shampoo and Conditioner. I was at Ulta last week and I see they also now have a shower cream in that formula. It's next on my list to to try.

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Trusted Contributor

On 2/25/15>Quinnysaid: I have tried dozens of products to get the look. I just tried a new one that I love!!! p>Pravana Fiber Twist. You must try it! Hi Quinny. I've decided to try the product you suggested. I've tried everything too, and they all seem to weigh my hair down and ruin the style. Never heard of this brand but decided to give it a whirl! Thx. ETA: My iPAD does weird things when I post. Guess I should use my laptop computer.
Respected Contributor

I have short straight hair and have tried so many products to give me this look and they seem to work at first but then they fall to my head and it just looks flat and greasy. I will leave the salon with big piecy hair and by the time I get home it needs to be washed out. Surf spray by B&B is pretty good as well as spray clay by Big sexy hair. I am not crazy about the feel with all that goop in it.