Respected Contributor

Need a product to give me the "piecey" look

I am looking for advice, I need a product to give me the "piecey" look after I blow-dry and style. I have short hair (colored and hi lighted). My hairdresser sold me Aveda paste of some kind, but I feel that it is too heavy and ruins the style when applied. I will take any suggestions whether I can get it on Q or not. Thanks

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Respected Contributor

Re: Need a product to give me the ""piecey"" look

Apply less of it and warm it up in your hands. I used to get a Rusk Product that did a great job for piecey look but I don't think they make it anymore. If i think of anything else I will come back to this thread.

Super Contributor

That Aveda paste is a good product. It only takes a little bit, and you want to warm it up on your fingers or hands depending on what you're doing it works great, when I had a shorter cut I only used it a couple times a week, because my hair fine.

Honored Contributor

TIGI Bed Head Manipulator

Respected Contributor

Any gel or paste will work. You just have to put a little bit on your fingertips and rub them together then just pull it through your hair. Just don't put to much on because then it will weigh your hair done.

Respected Contributor

Thanks for all of the advice. I will try the TIGI or back to my paste!

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Regular Contributor

what i a ""piecey"" look -- i never heard that expression and am just wondering/

Honored Contributor

Aveda's Control Paste. Never weighs the hair down and really gives a great piecey look. Lasts forever & nice scent.

kindness is strength
Super Contributor

I use and love Aveda's, a little goes a long way. For the longest I always put to much product on my hair, less is more with hair products.

Respected Contributor

On 2/25/2015 kingtut said:

what i a ""piecey"" look -- i never heard that expression and am just wondering/

When hair stays styled in pieces instead of looking fuzzy. That is the best way I can describe it.