Super Contributor
Looking for recs for hairspray. Preferably drugstore/target brand. I've been using a prestige brand but looking to save a little money, s would like it to be under $10. I usually like aerosol because of the fine mist. I like medium, flexible hold that isn't stiff. Maybe something that will add a little shine, too (but not a huge factor.)
Honored Contributor

Suave, hard to hold.

Esteemed Contributor

All of the John Frieda hair sprays are excellent! I prefer them over the prestige brands - and I've tried many! The one called "Frizz Ease Moistire Barrier - Firm Hold" is my favorite. It's about $5-6. 

Trusted Contributor

Tresemme. I buy it at Walgreens. Brown can.

Trusted Contributor

Tresemme tres two.

Honored Contributor

I like the ones from Marc Anthony, one has coconut oil, one has argan oil, both made for thickening.  Also like Finesse with silk and soy.

Honored Contributor

@StillRachB. Don't use hairspray often, but be sure if you color your hair and are conscious of using sulfate free s&c, look for the same in your hairspray.

Since my hair is curly & color treated, I find the alcohol in spray dries it out. I try to get my hold from nourishing style products.

Frequent Contributor

Whatever you do, don't buy Aussie aerosol super hold. I recently ran out of Chi & thought I would just pick up a cheaper bottle. After using Aussie several times I noticed hair all over the floor. So, I started really paying attention & sure enough. I was right.              So, I would recommend Chi. Never had a problem & quickly switched back

Honored Contributor

Tresemme - various holds.

Respected Contributor

#1 Kenra 25 Styling Spray

#2 Nick Chavez Amazon Spray - one version or another

My criteria when I use hair spray (seldom) is it can't leave a sticky residue (or any flaking).. or be a formula you can't easily brush through. 

You might be looking for something else.