Honored Contributor

Need a moisturizer and eye cream/serum/gel.

[ Edited ]

I'm looking for a good moisturizer and eye cream or serum. I'm 65.  I'd prefer something not sold at beauty counters.   If it's not oil-free, it has to soak in and leave a matte feel - I don't want to feel it on my skin's surface.  My T-zone is oily while the rest of my face is normal to dry.  I have the usual 65 year old wrinkles and sagging.  

Can you recomment something?  Thank you!

Respected Contributor

Re: Need a moisturizer and eye cream/serum/gel.

[ Edited ]

Skincare products are very personal. I think the best thing is to personally try it.  This is the best time of the year to try different products.  Because many of them have kits coming out for super discount prices.

Ulta will have a skin favorite kit on sale for black Friday

Screen Shot 2018-11-20 at 7.28.25 AM.png

And Sephora has a Play! By Sephora (Skincare by Age 50s plus) for only $15, which has samples of 

Six trial-size skincare products—an $85 value—including:
- CAUDALIE—Premier Cru Eye Cream
- MURAD—Invisiblur™ Perfecting Shield Broad Spectrum SPF 30 PA+++
- ALGENIST—Elevate Advanced Retinol Serum
- ESTEE LAUDER—Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Recovery Complex II
- DRUNK ELEPHANT—Lala Retro Whipped Cream
- FRESH—Soy Face Cleanser

I think trying samples really help me find what I like (I like the Origins GinZing Moisturizer or the Belief The True Cream Aqua Bomb.

Sephora has a "Sephora Favorites Pro Artists Picks"  which is $30 and has seven trial sized products, including the Belief and Origins that I mentioned. You might want to try that.

Respected Contributor

I need moisture in my eye area & my favorite eye cream is Acure Radically Rejuvenating Eye Cream. It's 1oz for about $17, unless I can get a sale. Most eye creams are only .5 oz, so it is a good buy, but I don't go by price. If it works, I'll buy it.

I have oily/combo/old/easily dehydrated/breaks out from everything skin, so face moisturizer is a challange & they have discontinued my 2 favorites. Both from Boscia.

I have the Double Serum from Clarins that works nicely, but it is expensive & it doesn't do anything extra. Just nice light moisture.

JM Argan Milk is really nice when I do need moisture, but I can look a bit too "dewey" in the summer with this.

Good luck to you.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've been using ROC products for few years and love them - eye cream, serum, daily moisturizer.  They're very reasonably priced.  I get them at Amazon.  But Target, Walmart, etc. carry them.  And this was after many many years of using more expensive products.  (I'm 66.)

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

After years and years of wasting my money on expensive moisturizers, I'm really happy with Burts Bee's Moisurizers. They have a couple to select from. Stop in your nearest Walgreen's and puruse their stock. I'm especially happy with the ingredient list (or lack of so many chemicals included in Burts Bee's products).  BTW: I'm 70.

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

@CalminHeart  I use No. 7 Beautiful Skin spf 15.  It comes in normal to dry and normal to oily and sold at Target.  $14.99 where I live.  I never use eye cream.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

I like Isomers All In One Mesmer-Eyez tightening formula.