Honored Contributor

Re: Need a good eye make-up remover

Thanks for all the responses.  I have used Purity Made Simple for years and still do, but it doesn't remove all my eyeliner.    Thanks again for the suggestions.  

Respected Contributor

@PhilaLady1 wrote:

@Daysdee 

So many people love Purity Made Simple, but I do not find it that good at removing eye makeup.   My favorite is Lancome, I think it is called Bifical, the blue liquid.   Currently I am using Josie's argan oil, because I have a large bottle and I am trying to use it up before I buy something else.  It does seem to feel like I've got oily eyes after use, but it does do a great job removing mascara, eyeliner, etc.

I've been using Lancome for years.  It's the only product I've found to get off all the waterproof stuff.  I still have racoon eyes when I use other products.

Frequent Contributor

ave always for years used Lancombe

Honored Contributor

@Daysdee  Take a cotton square and place a little baby oil on it.  Works like a charm.  Also, Maybelline has a good one too.

kindness is strength
Occasional Contributor

Neutrogena Oil-Free Gentle Eye Makeup Remover.  Inexpensive and good. I have tried Purity made simple and it personally makes my eyes burn, so I can only use it on my face.

Valued Contributor

Lancome Bi-Facil - the only one I have used for many years. It is award winning!

Frequent Contributor

My favorite eye makeup remover is Garnier SkinActive Micellar Cleansing Water - For Waterproof Makeup. It's cheap and it works - this one has a blue lid. There is also a red lid Micellar Water from Garnier that removes all other make-up. Both are extremely mild and effective for what they say they will remove. 

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I use waterproof mascara and will only use L'oreal for waterproof (green bottls).  Pretty sure the L'oreal is almost the exact same as Lancome in formulation.  Works exceptionally well.  I always follow with my oil cleanser and baby shampoo though because my eyes are sensitive and I want absolutely zero residue behind.

Trusted Contributor

@Love2Laugh wrote:

My favorite eye makeup remover is Garnier SkinActive Micellar Cleansing Water - For Waterproof Makeup. It's cheap and it works - this one has a blue lid. There is also a red lid Micellar Water from Garnier that removes all other make-up. Both are extremely mild and effective for what they say they will remove. 

I was just going to recommend this too.  I've been using it for the past year and I like it a lot.  It seems to get all the eye makeup off, and it doesn't burn or sting my eyes at all.

For most of my life I used Pond's cold cream, then washed my face with a second cleanser of choice (this varied over time).  But,. Pond's is a little greasey, whereas this micellar water is so refreshing.

I always liked the idea of baby oil, or some other gentle oil, but those things always get in my eyes and it seems to take hours before I can see clearly again.  Just doesn't work for me, at all.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Clinique Take the Day Off balm.  The best!

I love my family, my fur boys, my Jayhawks and accounting!