Honored Contributor

Re: Need a fragrance-free body lotion or cream with SPF

@SilleeMee wrote:

I've always been told to put on your SPF LAST, before makeup. Moisturize first then apply SPF. 

Most body SPF lotions usually contain an SPF of 15. There are a few brands that are higher but from I've read about them is they tend to be heavy and somewhat tacky. Personally I prefer applying my body lotion first and then apply a sunscreen on top where it needs it, like my arms and legs.

@SilleeMee

Thanks for your suggestions.  I never can keep all that stuff straight.  Put this on, then that, then that.  Life is just not simple!  In the old days, I would slather on Jergens or something --- and boom -- I was done!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@Caffeina wrote:

Check Beautypedia. Paula Begoun lists quite a few SPFs for the body that are 5-star rated. If I'm not mistaken, those that earn 5 stars are fragrance-free.

@Caffeina

Thanks -- I shall do just that! 

Honored Contributor

@porcelain wrote:

Found one that might work well for you. Meets most of your requirements. Eucerin Daily Protection Broad Spectrum SPF 30 Body Cream. It has some chemicals, but no parabens or fragrance

Another option is Alba Botanica's Very Emollient Daily Shade Lotion SPF 15. Less chemicals, and no parabens but it has fragrance. And Aveeno's Daily Moisturizing Lotion SPF 15 sounds nice. No fragrance, but it has Methylparaben.

@Porcelain

Aren't you so kind to list these?  I appreciate it very much!!!!! 

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@AngelPuppy1,    Eucerin fragrance free lotion with spf 15 or Aveeno moisturizing lotion spf 15 at iherb.com.   $20 free shpg.  Cat Very Happy

@Katcat1

Thank you!  I wiill go to Iherb and check this out! 

Honored Contributor

Thanks, everyone for your nice replies!  I wish my derm. would just say -- you can use this product or that one, or you must use this product or that one.  As I have mentioned before, the only product he loves for skin is Cerave!  That's it!  If I question him further -- he says --- stick with Cerave -- you can't go wrong!  I don't want to get another derm. because he is good and helps me with my issues a lot!  We have been together for over 30 years!  LOL.  Longer than a lot of marriages!!!