Respected Contributor

Re: Need Tips and Recommendations for Vitamin C Serum

@HerRoyaLioness wrote:

@momoftwo2007 - Paula's Choice makes a spot treatment product that may work for your issue that has 25% of the ascorbic acid in it.  When I tried it on my lines, there was a tiny bit of burning, but it worked well and did not irritate my skin other than the initial burning.  It is the:

RESIST 25% Vitamin C Spot Treatment

You can get it in a sample size for $19 to see if it will work and just apply it to the problem area.  She usually does have sales.

@HerRoyaLioness  I have Paula's Choice RESIST moisturizer and wrinkle serum and I really like it.  I will definitely have to look into her Vitamin C Spot treatment.  Thanks!

Honored Contributor

I love Drunken Elephant!

A little costly, but it is great, a little goes a long way, I only need to use every other day.

Cruelty Free!

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Respected Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

I love Drunken Elephant!

A little costly, but it is great, a little goes a long way, I only need to use every other day.

Cruelty Free!

I heard a  lot of good things about that brand.  I would love to try the brand one day.

Esteemed Contributor

Vitamin C is really the only facial serum I use. Yes, it helps w/ the acne scarring, but to a limited extent. The real skin benefits of C is for its antioxidant protection, and even some sun protection. So you would want to use some form of C. (Really need a healthy oral dose as well.)

For the acne scarring...yes, hydroquinone, but other things can help fade. I cannot recommend any single formulation, but one technique is to use soy milk with lemon juice. Some of the more mild acids, (lactic, azelaic, fruit) mushrooms, licorice, MSM, some oils may also have fading benefits and/or they may assist the other ingredients to penetrate deeper into the skin layer.