Esteemed Contributor

Re: Need Satin or Creme Lipstick Recs

@silkyk wrote:

I just got a new lipstick I love (it was on Taylor S on the Vogue big issue cover) by Maybelline...Color Sensation in "Undressed Pink". Very pretty! A rosey nude...

Image result for maybelline undressed

Lovely shade!

I recently got this brand in Magenta Affair. This wears as well as any lip I've tried, which is a lot lately!

Esteemed Contributor

Another vote here for Revlon Lustrous lipsticks!   Great colors, great moisturization, and the color lasts for hours and hours (on me, anyway).

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

These are pricey but I love Tom Ford Lip Patent Lacquers. They remain shiny for hours and eventually dry down to a stain but not drying at all. I don't wear matte lip colors.

Respected Contributor

I like Revlon's Superlustrous Lipstick in Rose Velvet

images.jpeg

I recently just purchased Flower Beauty's Petal Pout Lipsticks because many said that it is a dupe for Charlotte Tilbury's Pillowtalk.  I think it is very nice.

images-1.jpeg

Honored Contributor

Another Revlon Super Lustrous recommendation from me. I have also used the Revlon lip butters. Both are creamy. 

Respected Contributor

My two favorite lipsticks that are creamy, great color payoff, and long lasting are Lancome Absolu Rouge, and Estee Lauder Color Envy.  They come in different formulations, but the cream ones work the best for me.

The combination that works very well is a matte lipstick first over a balm, then a topcoat of one of the creamier ones just in the center, same color as the matte.  You get the long lasting effect of the matte, and the rich color and creaminess of the moisturizing one.

Clinique's pop matte lipsticks are great, not drying, excellent in lasting and not feathering, and add a touch of gloss or a cream lipstick and they look amazing, but they are also great on their own, but of course, matte.

Respected Contributor

I love Clinique's HEATHER MOON, and Revlon's super lustrous PLUM BABY.

Interestingly, one could be a dupe for the other, color-wise. The Clinique is a satin, and a bit creamier than the Revlon, which is a pearl. They're both so pretty, I don't mind re-applying. And both are a shade which doesn't make teeth appear yellowish--they have a blue undertone.

What worries you masters you.
Esteemed Contributor

Avon has a variety of satin/creme lipsticks in some nice shades.  

Respected Contributor

MAC has some beautiful shades of satin lipsticks. On their website under lipsticks you can filter to show the finish you want.  💄