Occasional Contributor

I'm looking for a foundation that will conceal large pores and won't settle in wrinkles. Can anyone recommend one?  Thanks

Honored Contributor

@sillycat wrote:

I'm looking for a foundation that will conceal large pores and won't settle in wrinkles. Can anyone recommend one?  Thanks

Hi @sillycat. This may be more of a skincare issue than which foundation. Using a Clarisonic and a deep pore cleanser may help the 1st issue and alternating Retin A w/ a moisturizer to help the wrinkled areas look plumped for the 2nd. 

If all else fails, you can try a non-silicone primer before foundation. It will give you a smoother canvas. I hope that helps. Let me know if you get results.

Honored Contributor

ITA. I use Isomers Tea Tree Oil Cleanser & retinaicin that keep my pores in check. They seemed to get overly large after menopause.

Esteemed Contributor

@sillycat

try  PUR cosmetics  available on  Amazon  ( compact face powder)

Honored Contributor

@sillycat  First of all give Pop Sonic Leaflet a try (sold at QVC) or shop around for best price.  When you apply your facial cleanser you use this device which will clean out your pores.  No need for Refills.  Do you live near a dept. store like Nordstorm or beauty store like Sephora?  If so, go there and get samples and explain what you want.  If you don't live near anything then you will have to purchase and test out.  A few suggestions:  Laura Mercier, Dior has a new one called Dior Backstage which is sweatproof, waterproof and lots of shades.  If you shop at Nordstrom online, free shpg and free returns.  Good luck.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

@sillycat wrote:

I do not believe this product exists as of yet.  

Esteemed Contributor

I like Bobbi Brown foundation stick and Laura Geller Balance & Brighten compact. I think I would try the LG first.  

Esteemed Contributor

If you find such a foundation, please let me know!   There are a couple foundation primers that help camoflage large pores and other imperfections on my complexion.  Have you tried any primers?

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Regular Contributor

Re: Need New Foundation

[ Edited ]

I too am a fan of LG balance and brighten. I’m 61 and have my share af a few wrinkles and large pores. I haven’t found anything that looks better on me, and believe me I’ve tried a lot. Also, I’m a fair pinkie and the porcelain is perfect for me. I don’t understand why makeup companies just can’t figure out the pink undertone thing. There are a lot of us around. 

Forgot to say that I use LG hydrating spackle too 

Respected Contributor

@sillycat, I just ordered Voodoo Coconut Cream Foundation sold here on the Q. It's fairly new. The Facebook group that I belong have had a lot of great reviews about it. Some of the shades have sold out so I settled for Bare Yellow Beige. I am not a fan of yellow based foundations but this shade might work after reading the description. Very little product is needed. It is to give a flawless look.