Honored Contributor

Re: Need Liquid foundation for hot/humid weather please

I know you asked for liquid, but it seems to me a mineral foundation would be preferable. 

I like Alima Pure's mineral foundation.  It stays on in all kinds of weather, and doesn't look like make-up.  Blending it on the face is very, very easy.

Alima offers samples for a reduced price.  That's how I started.

Good luck with whatever you choose.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Super Contributor

doglover3 wrote:

can anyone suggest a foundation, liquid, for this hot muggy humid weather that won't just run off my face?

I can't wear powder anything so it has to be a liquid.

I don't like anything heavy on my face, prefer something light weight.

A friend said she saw an ad for Cover Girl Luminous on TV that said it was good for this kind of weather? Has anyone tried this one or has another suggestion. 

thanks so much.

Is this for an event & you need a flawless, picture-perfect look?  Or are you looking for everyday?  My answer would vary. 

Valued Contributor

I have the Cover Gril Luminous and it is way too dewy and sticky for this weather. The Cover Girl Outlast Stay Fabulous 3-in-1 (blue cap) is  a much better option. It is long lasting and really works well.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@doglover3 what type of coverage are you looking for? Tinted moisturizers and BB creams offer sheer coverage, CC creams run the gamut from medium to full-ish, and foundations offer any variation of light, medium, or full coverage. I used to gravitate towards wearing a powder foundation in the summer to help with oiliness, but I also loved IT Cosmetics' CC+ cream year-round; it offered great coverage, wasn't thick, and had SPF 50+. It should really be set with powder, though. Their CC+ Veil Beauty Fluid Foundation is lightweight and offers light, buildable coverage (also SPF 50+). I'd suggest either of those to you for liquids (though one is technically a cream).

I second @GingerPeach's suggestion of Alima Pure, though I know you don't want mineral or powder foundation. I've been  using their makeup for a couple months now as part of a switch to all natural/organic beauty products, and their Satin Matte Foundation is awesome! Wears well, feels like nothing, and covers very well for a mineral foundation. As she said, they offer samples ($1.75 each), and they last for a few uses. Plus, they have over 60 shades, I think, so chances are you'll find one that matches your skin tone pretty well. They're also cruelty free and their foundations contain only these ingredients: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Zinc Oxide, and Iron Oxides. Worth a shot, in my opinion. Good luck!

Respected Contributor

thank you so much ladies.

the reason I can't and don't wear mineral powders BE etc is because I have very dry skin. This shows up lines I didn't know I had especially at the corners of my eyes and mouth area. I did use to use BE mineral foundation for several years till my skin got even drier than it was normally. Powders of any kind just don't work for me.

I tried the IT CC cream foundation, way too heavy and stayed very tacky/sticky on me. I returned this after trying it twice, knew it was  way too heavy feeling for me.

I do have a Mally air brush mousse in the pump can which is nice for the rest of the year as is my BE serum foundation which I only use 3  drops and sometimes 4 if going someplace special.So far this BE serum foundation seems to be my favorite foundation.

yes, I too was thinking a TM since I really don't need a full coverage. I have light skin, even toned, don't use or need concealer other than one tiny red dot between my eyes I cover. I have a very slight pink tone to my cheeks and normally use light color foundation in a neutral tone.

I don't like anything that I can feel on my face.

I have been using the BE serum foundation in bare shell and that is very nice but I just thought maybe I could find something that would stay a bit better in this hot humid weather.

I don't know anything about the BE rescue complexion but think that is a TM although I am not really sure.

I do sometimes just add a dab of foundation to my daily moisturizer in this weather.

I use as little makeup as possible    during the muggy summer months but never go out with my brows(need that) and my eye liner and lip gloss.

Contributor

I live in south Georgia about 50 miles from Savannah.  I know hot and humid.  For many years I used the Bare Minerals Matte foundation and really liked that foundation but my skin changed in my late forties. My lines around my eyes were more pronounced using BM.  I also discovered that my oiliness was really due to a lack of moisture.  I went back to the tried and true Clinique.  The ladies at my Clinique helped with my moisturizer and helped me find a foundation that was light.  I use Clinique Acne solutions foundation.  It is light and I get great coverage.  I do occasionally get acne so this one reason I chose this but it is really light weight.  I never have to blot any oil from my face anymore.  By the way I use the Clinique yellow moisturizer in the gel every day and in the winter add a heavier moisturizer.  Good luck on your search.

Honored Contributor

For liquid I have been using Missha BB Cream, it works really well and it lasts....For powder, I use either Youngblood or Everyday Minerals. I would like to try Lancome's foundation, so maybe one day soon I will give that one a ry. 

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Doglover, I'm another one who can't wear any mineral foundation, so I get it!  I recently was sent a sample of Perricone's "No Foundation Foundation SERUM."  (It's different from his "No Foundation Foundation" product, which gets lots of poor reviews.)  I don't use any other Perricone products, but I was stunned by how much I loved the sample! I ended up buying the product at Sephora and it's fabulous. I rarely ever wear foundation, so this uber-light product is wonderful. It just melts into my skin. Doesn't shine or sweat off in heat/humidity.  Three or four tiny drops for my entire face, which means the bottle will last a really long time. 

Contributor

I have a similar concern and reserached some options yesterday.

I have ordered a small size of a finishing spray by Skindinavia.

Although its called a finishing spray, you apply it just before your makeup.

It has received great reviews on Dermstore, I am looking forward to it.

I have given up on looking put together in this August weather, I am just hoping for 'decent'.   :-) 

Spoiler

Spoiler

Contributor

LOL I have no idea what these Spoiler Tags are - but there is nothing to 'spoil'...