Regular Contributor

Need Help With 5 free or 7 free Nailpolish

Ladies I am looking for a nail polish that is "5 free" no formaldehyde, toluene, camphor, formaldehyde resin & DBP. I am trying to omit some of the nasty chemicals that are in most nail polishes. I have been using OPI Infinite Shine (which is a gel type polish that lasts longer) or Essie but noticed my nails are drying out. When I went on OPI's & Essie's website I didn't see a list of ingredients so I emailed them. Haven't gotten back to me yet. I know Deborah Lippmann is "5 free" but price is 18.00 to 20.00 which is pricey. QVC also has Julep but again a little pricy. If anyone knows of "5 free" that is more affordable please let me know. I know some of you ladies out there are more aware about some of these harmful chemicals than I am so any help you can give me is much appreciated. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Need Help With 5 free or 7 free Nailpolish

[ Edited ]

PACIFICA...(7 free) on sale now at Target $7.00 usually $9.00....Lots of pretty shades of color.  I use their "Blushing Bunnies" in the summer, but I have a few favorites.  The only polish I buy anymore...go to their website and read about the polish.  I like the ethics (cruelty-free, vegan) of the company and also use their fragrances.  Enjoy!

Valued Contributor

@donniesmom

Hi I agree Pacifica are great ,but my favorite are Priti NYC . They are pricey at $15 but see from their website :

PRITI NYC polishes are vegan, cruelty free and gluten free. Free of toluene, dibutyl phthalate, formaldehyde, formaldehyde resin, and camphor, xylene, parabens, and TPHPand lead . They work with the NYC fashion weeks so they have a huge

selection from neutrals to current modern ones . I find they last on par with conventional polishes . You can buy them at their website and I get my at Integrity bontanicals site

Honored Contributor

So funny seeing this thread at my nail salon pedicure is drying. 

Respected Contributor

@donniesmom  I recommend KL Polish. Her polishes really last and she has beautiful colors. Check out their website. 

Regular Contributor

Ladies--Thank you for your suggestions. I now how a few names that I can look for. Thanks for your help.Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

I think Zoya may be 8 Free.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@donniesmom wrote:

Ladies I am looking for a nail polish that is "5 free" no formaldehyde, toluene, camphor, formaldehyde resin & DBP. I am trying to omit some of the nasty chemicals that are in most nail polishes. I have been using OPI Infinite Shine (which is a gel type polish that lasts longer) or Essie but noticed my nails are drying out. When I went on OPI's & Essie's website I didn't see a list of ingredients so I emailed them. Haven't gotten back to me yet. I know Deborah Lippmann is "5 free" but price is 18.00 to 20.00 which is pricey. QVC also has Julep but again a little pricy. If anyone knows of "5 free" that is more affordable please let me know. I know some of you ladies out there are more aware about some of these harmful chemicals than I am so any help you can give me is much appreciated. 

@donniesmom

Ella+Mila 

@I’ve been using and loving their polish for @ a year.  It meets all your requirements AND it’s Cruelty Free!  

About $10, but they have frequent sales, and reward points build quickly.

I’m hard on nails and do them myself, lasts well for me.  Currently wearing Holiday Fling which is a deep, deep red, almost black.  Have had it on about a week, still looks great.

Best wishes to you!

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Valued Contributor

zoya is 10 free  zoya dot c o m

orly is 12 free  orlybeauty dot c o m

Regular Contributor

Thank you again for your recent posts. I also received a response from Essie that their regular polish is " 3 free" and their gel polish is " 5 free". Also got response from OPI they said their gel polish Infinite Shine is " 5 free". Thanks to all the ladies for more recommendations. I have lots to choose from.