Esteemed Contributor

Need Advice on Self Tanner to Cover Veins

I haven’t baked out in the sun for many years.I have some pretty summer dresses that are just above the knee. I haven’t found an easy natural looking self tanner that I can use on my legs to give them color as well as cover a couple of veins. Any suggestions? I would appreciate the help.💐

Honored Contributor

Re: Need Advice on Self Tanner to Cover Veins

[ Edited ]

I have quite a few spider veins, some are larger more on the varicose size. I use MineTan self tanning foam. It gives me instant color that darkens even more over time. There are several shades to choose from so I went to their website and followed the guide to picking the right shade for me. The tans lasts long, not drying and it doesn't stink. I have used the Caramel foam and also the Violet foam. My next one to try will be the Olive foam. They seem to be forgiving as far as looking natural on my skin. The Caramel is more golden and the Violet is more brown. I think the tan makes my veins less noticeable, but it doesn't cover them completely.

Honored Contributor

@NicksmomESQ @I don’t know if this interests you but a couple of years ago I had mine injected and they just dissapeared and left my legs looking really smooth again.It hurts though.

Esteemed Contributor

@dex wrote:

@NicksmomESQ @I don’t know if this interests you but a couple of years ago I had mine injected and they just dissapeared and left my legs looking really smooth again.It hurts though.

@dex  I’ve been thinking about it.I think they have some sort of a laser now as an option.Or a laser & injection combination.

Did you bruise? How long did it take to heal?

Honored Contributor

I've had laser vein removal on my face. They use the same laser for other places on the body. Yes, there is bruising and it takes about a week, maybe two, for them to disappear. I've been wanting to get my legs done but just haven't gotten around to it yet. Larger veins need to be injected and some may need stripped. Mine are not that bad so a laser will be all I need.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The injections were for spider veins and looked great the next day but the laser was used for large veins and that was more painful and did bruise.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@NicksmomESQ  St. Tropez and two shades and one is a little darker than the other which I believe would work for you.  Check it out on the Q.  I also know that the Q sells a cover up makeup that is waterproof that you could use first and then the sell tanner.

kindness is strength