Honored Contributor

Re: Neck Treatments?

[ Edited ]

@homedecorator, I see similar devices offered on Amazon at much cheaper prices (without a serum), but you can tell they're all being sold by non-native english speaking companies.  These all seem to offer vibration which I don't know if the Prai one does this and are aimed at the face and not the neck.  Also few reviews.  I'm not sure if there is anything specific to the Prai device that makes it more appropriate for the neck.  There are some things that shouldn't be used on the neck, as was mentioned earlier, due to the parathyroid; and I'm already hypothyroid.

Honored Contributor

@tends2dogs wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

I watched Dimitri's presentation several times last night.  The results were impressive, but I don't care for the investment.  I found the same thing on Amazon for $30 and you get 5 of the masks instead of 4.  

Dimitri's product doesn't address the lower neck as much as the upper neck and chin.  I think the tightening of that area impacts the lower due to the tightening and it pulling up that skin.  Results are only temporary so for me, it would be a special occasion thing. If I were to try anything, it would be the kit on Amazon. It's unrealistic to think there will be cumulative results.  

I've been using Gold Bond Neck and Chest with better results than I received from many other expensive neck products.  

I agree @JeanLouiseFinch with you about the presentation.  A caller did ask how long the results would last - one hour - one day???  They were floundering for an answer.  They also never addressed - do you do this before going out........just put your make on over the rubbed in serum and apply your normal routine after?  The useage instructions were too vague for me. They just were too focused on the B & A's.  Where were the older models??  I would have like to see more of them.  The guy's results were minimal, at best.  I felt, as you stated, if I had a special event....maybe....  I am not jumping in on this.

BTW I am also using the Gold Bond neck cream.  I like it better than any of Skinn's neck products that I have tried and the $$$ is much better.  I am going to try my Paula's Choice retinol under it as @SilleeMee suggested.

I am also going to check out the product on Amazon.  It isn't Skinn is it??  Do you have product name?

@tends2dogs, unless you are used to using a retinol product on your neck, I advise you to start very slowly. Personally, retinol bothered the skin on my neck so much that I just didn't have the patience to continue. It felt itchy and irritated. Maybe if I had stuck with it, I would have eventually adjusted. I don't know.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

Re: Neck Treatments?

[ Edited ]

@MrsCat21 wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

I watched Dimitri's presentation several times last night.  The results were impressive, but I don't care for the investment.  I found the same thing on Amazon for $30 and you get 5 of the masks instead of 4.  

Dimitri's product doesn't address the lower neck as much as the upper neck and chin.  I think the tightening of that area impacts the lower due to the tightening and it pulling up that skin.  Results are only temporary so for me, it would be a special occasion thing. If I were to try anything, it would be the kit on Amazon. It's unrealistic to think there will be cumulative results.  

I've been using Gold Bond Neck and Chest with better results than I received from many other expensive neck products.  

@JeanLouiseFinch  Do you like the Gold Bond Neck better than the Neck Armour from SKinn?

@MrsCat21  For me it's not an either/or decision.  Since the Neck Amour is not a neck cream, but a mask that goes over your neck cream, I use both.  I will use the Gold Bond AM/PM daily and then use the Neck Amour over it several nights a week, an every other night schedule more or less.

Honored Contributor

Yes, @tends2dogs and  @suzyQ3,

I started slowly with the retinol in the beginning. My neck was red and itchy the first few times. I used it only every few days and now I can tolerate every other night with no problem whatsoever. It really does work nicely under my Gold Bond neck cream.Woman Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for the tip about the Gold Bond cream.  I do use Paula's retinol on my face.  I think I will try the layering of Retinol and Gold Bond on my neck.  It sure would be nice to find an inexpensive cream that works.

Esteemed Contributor

@suzyQ3  Thanks for the heads up!  I am currently using it on my neck, but putting this over it may cause a problem.  I will use caution.  Smiley Happy

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Regular Contributor

NuFace is not approved for the neck area, just right along the jaw line.

Respected Contributor

@Pook wrote:

@AKgirl2 wrote:

The results for Dimitri's Trimlastic (cheesy name) look pretty good. 

When a caller asked how long the product is active on the neck, 

Dimitri was taken off guard, didn't really have an answer other than "it depends, everyone's skin reacts differently."  Of course, Heather Hall immediately chimed in to pick up his slack.  She repeated what Dimitri said, it depends, everyone's skin is different, and she immediately got rid of the caller.  Hmmm Heather, slick...but not slick enough😏.  I couldn't stand wearing that contraption, so I wouldn't purchase the product.  I'd rather use the 

Skinn Chin-Up Pro Serums...redensify or the one for sagging neck.

They seem like they work well enough (temporarily).

What is slick about that answer he gave and what she repeated?  Of course he was taken off guard since common sense says that nothing can work exactly the same on everyone.  Now if they would have specifically stated the product is active for everyone for a certain amount of time then that would be a bit of a stretch to get sales.  

For me, I never had good results from his Chin-Up serums but the Neck Armour is excellent and from what I observed on the live demos, I am hopeful to get good results.  The neck strap won't bother me since I wore something similar for years to keep my jaw from slipping out while I slept.

@Pook ~ I guess you had to be there when he got the question about how long the results last after application.  He was visibly flustered when he was asked the question.  Anyway, JMO but I feel they should have an answer for that like an average of 6-8 hours, 12 hours, 4 hours?  Who wants to go through that process, and not have lasting results at least for the day or evening. I'll check out Neck Amour and lots of gals are praising Gold Bond neck and décolleté cream.  I don't have wrinkles or crinkles but could use help with firming.  I've never tried the Chin-Up (redensify).  It always seems to sell out though!  Good luck with the Trimlastic!

Trusted Contributor

imagine if you had a snoop in your house and they found that. LOL

But I do like his dwp and BL lines.

? How does one turn off auto correct function, new here.

Respected Contributor

@hopi wrote:

Not a fan of either line and so did not see either presentation so hoping this comment is not misplaced.  Any machine or device used on the neck had to be done with care as to not damage your parathryroi glands...

Exercise, diet and some ot the Tatcha products are miracle workers for a smooth neck and taut jaw line.

Thanks everyone for your input!

@hopi I ordered the Skinn contraption. But you got me thinking. I have Thyroid disease. Does this mean I shouldn't use this? In the meantime I'll try to research it on Google. TIA

"Kindness is like snow ~It beautifies everything it covers"
-Kahlil Gibran